How many miles on your i-MiEV?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zelenec said:
You are right Joe. It's not perfect method at all, but it provides a rough approximation. I think I'll keep this coloumn for a while if maybe somebody finds it useable at least until we find any accurate method.
No worries, let's see what we get.

BTW, for consistency, I merged everybody's posts about Zelenec's spreadsheet into this thread (topic). Apologies if this steps on anyone's toes.

Zelenec said:
I'm sure depleting I-miev's battery to 12% SOC or charging to 100% has no significant impact, if:
-I don't do it daily and at extreme temperatures
-I don't left the battery empty or full for to long
-I don't expose the battery to stress (high current driving and regen) in an empty range of charge

Everyone can choose between which two points of SOC levels will be measured and note it while entering data. The --- to 100% seems best range to me, because all of us haven't (yet) any OBD dongle to follow SOC.

I agree 100%. You say no significant impact, we are trying no degradation at all, even that insignificant. Just trying not to accelerate time.

Thank you all for paying attention to my words and understanding me. I' m very happy to belong here, even being the canary in the coalmine.

Malm said:
You say no significant impact, we are trying no degradation at all, even that insignificant.
Mission imposible. Degradation will occur whatever we do and however carefull we are. But sure, we can delay significant degradation for many years.

In the first year I regularly (more than 90% of all charges) charged from more or less near 0 to 100% SOC. You can check my charges in first year here. As my average consumption is only 117 Wh/km (188Wh/mile) or 8,55km/kWh (5,3 miles/kWh) you can see I tried to drive my litlle car really gentle as possible... like EV should be driven.

I can claim that I didn't lose more than very few % of battery capacity, although i didn't care about staying in the middle bars area. I was told, as I said before, that way of driving and extreme ambient temperatures have fare more impact on battery health then regularly charging from 12 to 100% SOC. I think my battery and "original" range are the prove of my claim. Well, I'll see next spring, when I change my tires to summer ones, if capacity loss would be higher. Next week my odo will reach 30.000 km. It's time to measure "--- to 100 kWh" again.

Yes, mission impossible, but we can try. I know that i will die someday (maybe tomorrow, maybe in 5 years, maybe in 50 years, nobody knows). But i live everyday like if i lived forever. 100 kWh, not even a Tesla, i think. 100% SoC, of course.

One day you will use canion, and you will see that when it ends the charge, 461 voltage, 4,10 v in each cell, it will show under 100% of SoC. My shows regularly 96% (but sometimes 91%, and sometimes 99%).

Zelenec said:
I made a simple spreadsheet to compare our mileage. Please, enter your data. Replace username user(x) with your username, enter date of purchase or lease and odometer number in the correct column (miles or km). All other data will be calculated. Update your odo no. regularly, for ex. once every month.

You can sort data by columns.

Is this spreadsheet functioning properly for you? Suggestions for improvement?

No more i-MiEV's to add to the list? There is no one from Australia, New Zealand, Norway?

Are you still compiling data? 20,500 miles. Getting 4.5mi/kwh. Lots of hills and freeway driving. Always charged to 100%, generally run down only to 30 or 40% remaining charge. Have seen turtle twice in 2 years. Possibly a teeny bit of degradation, maybe 1.5 miles less on the first bar.

Updated. 11,347 wonderful miles. In four winter months, my solar array has made more energy than my i-MiEV has used in a year. Is it safe to say that all those miles were solar-powered, assuming the CO2 savings of net-metering my excess generation, even though the array was installed in October?

I put just a few miles shy of 13000 on my i before I traded it in- you made me go back and look at my PV generated in the same timeframe.

I bought the car the end of June 2012, and traded it in mid-April 2014. In that time I generated about 3500kWh of electricity. At 4 miles/kWh (250 Wh/mile), that would cover 14000 miles. At 300 Wh/mile or 3.33 miles/kWh, which is the EPA rating, that's 11655 miles, a little shy of what I drove.

I didn't meter my consumption all the time, but I remember being a lot closer to 250 Wh/mile than 300. So I guess I'll sleep well assuming I was pretty close to 100% solar powered!

Cheers-
Rich

nt2w said:
I didn't meter my consumption all the time, but I remember being a lot closer to 250 Wh/mile than 300. So I guess I'll sleep well assuming I was pretty close to 100% solar powered!
You can rest easy that you were indeed 100% solar, as the EPA rating on the i-MiEV does not do it justice! My overall average was 4.2miles/kWh (238Wh/mile), and that's an average of my leadfooting and my wife's featherfooting.

Just racked up 10,000 kilometres on mine since October....
That's a little under seven months and around 6,000 miles.
My girlfriend got hers in January and has done around 6,000 km in four months....

Today 66,068 km. Weather getting hotter day by day here. Late Spring and Summer is making me taking some precautions, maybe with some tricks I can see a little less degradation then past year. At night, always out. Soon it will know all the stars that we can see in the north hemisphere.

Cracked 17,000 miles during month 11, but may not hit 18k in the first year. :cry:
We had a heat wave in Seattle last week, and on that day which hit 80 degrees, I got my best RR in at least 7 months: 89 miles!

Reached 30,000 miles today, 11 days shy of two years ownership.

nScZMwl.jpg

In no other car that I owned am I happy to see milage on the car :) Did about 7,000 in the first year of ownership. Should do about 8,000 this second year. For us, each 1,000 miles driven is about $225 a year in annual gas savings over the car it replaced. At this rate, in under nine years this car will have paid for itself purely based on gas savings, quicker if I factor in lower operating costs. Our home PV was greatly over sized so we have enough not only for this EV but the next one we are buying. Wish the Outlander PHEV was here in the U.S. so we can ditch our Forester.

Zelenec said:
I made a simple spreadsheet to compare our mileage. Please, enter your data. Replace username user(x) with your username, enter date of purchase or lease and odometer number in the correct column (miles or km). All other data will be calculated. Update your odo no. regularly, for ex. once every month.

You can sort data by columns.

Is this spreadsheet functioning properly for you? Suggestions for improvement?

: :?: Where is this sheet? How do I access it?

Back