Hello

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steph

I've not seen any section dedicated to introduce new forumer, so the admin' can move this message everywhere he want. ;)

I'm Stephane (stefen ou steven), 43, living in France on the west shore (Atlantic coast), I'm driving a Citroen C-zero since yesterday and I love it !

C0-1212b.jpg

It's a black one, with aluminium rims, cristal lights and tinted back windows :

C0-1212k.jpg

C0-1212h.jpg

Black and Caramel interior :

C0-1212f.jpg

with piano black insert :

C0-1212m.jpg

fun to plug everywhere !

C0-1212c.jpg

I was looking for this combo at a nice price for almost 4 months, but it worth waiting for it ! ;)

I'm also a new member from Grand Rapids, MI with a new MiEV. Still learning the car but I think it's going to work beautifully for us. 1 Buick Park Ave, 1 MiEV, 1 Suzuki B-King motorcycle, and a couple of Chinese mopeds. I'll get around one way or another :lol:

Stephane, welcome to the myimiev Forum! We trust you'll enjoy your car as much as we do ours. With your black car, in the summer you may want to always park it in the shade, and have fun washing it all the time :lol: ... but it does look very nice! How many shift positions does your C-Zero have?

The simple 4 position shift P/R/N/D
they say optimisation of energy is made by the calculator, and the accelerating pedal is design for it.

During summer, we'll burn a little gas with an old YJ... also because I'm not sure a EV would like beach sand and salted water humid towels.

YJ-stef0911.jpg

Or I ride my EBike (I've got it 5 years ago, battery are losing capacity since september after nearly 2000km, that's not so bad for a 2006 technology (NiMH))

beachbike-1.jpg

;)

Your car looks gorgeous, and it looks like they put the shifter labels on the correct side! Enjoy it and keep us informed.

Thank you for your reply.

Just to show how much we are motivated by this car, here is a pic of my first ride with it on the way back home from Paris (Downtown) :

Iveco-hybrid1.jpg

As you can see on this pics, there's only one green trashcan, the little black one is just the future of urban mobility :pp

No kidding, there's so little iMiEV in France that I had to go to Paris to get one...

First mod to do : bringing exterior sound at low speed for pedestrians an cycles !

Good day Steph,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm curious to know about the charging infrastructure in your area. You mentioned having to travel to Paris to purchase your car. Is the public place you are plugging into close to home? Are there many chargers around to support other EVs since it doesn't look like Citroen is well represented there yet?
I also think the gloss black interior accents look really good.

Hi Brian,

High-speed Charging infrastructures here are close to zero as you can see it here :

http://fr.chargemap.com/

Most of them are in Nissan shop, and Nissan France think that you have to be a customer to use their high-speed chargin infrastructure... a mercantil way of thinking EV... that one other reason why I wanted a Mistubishi (or Peugeot/Citroën)

The other reason is that Mitsubishi has a looong experience in industrial electric traction.
Even if we have mostly Fenwick and Jungheinrich electric forklift at work, I know that Mitsubishi's one are also good.

So, I have to plug at home or at work, but it's fine, we're living in a flat and tempered place.
It's a surprise I just need between 3h30 and 5h to fill the car (100+-10 real km) with out standard 16A charger (lucky because a lot of C-zero now come with 10A charger as a standard), and 220V/50Hz/16A plug.

In Paris they started to rent electric car as you can rent a bike :
https://www.autolib.eu/
http://www.facebook.com/autolib

You have a bunch of stations through Paris, so you can pick one in a place, and leave it in another.
So lot of pluging spaces are comming downtown reserved to EV.

The main problem for EV in France is not charging infrastructures... but it's a long story, and of course it's related to loss of taxes (esspecially during the crisis).

Back