Disappointed

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plankton

Apparently I'm a magnet for idiots. Haven't even made 6 payments on my iMiev and I get rear ended by a dick in a monster truck.

$3000+ in damage. I took it to a Mits dealer cause I wanted to make sure there were no mechanical issues. Nope, only body and slight frame damage (great).

Why am I disappointed? It should be ready on Monday, 31 days after I've taken it to the dealer. Waiting this entire time on a bumper. A bumper.

Sorry for the attitude, I'm venting. I'm just amazed it took this long.

Would the dealer let you drive your i-MiEV without its rear bumper until the necessary parts arrive? That would expose you to a bit of additional risk should another vehicle rear-end yours, but if you really need your i-MiEV, maybe the risk is worthwhile.

alohart said:
Would the dealer let you drive your i-MiEV without its rear bumper until the necessary parts arrive? That would expose you to a bit of additional risk should another vehicle rear-end yours, but if you really need your i-MiEV, maybe the risk is worthwhile.

They probably would have if i pressed them but they were against me doing it. I chose to get a rental.

Yes the monster truck driver...with the lime green graphic wrap .....sure would like to see a profile of this particular creature.

I had one that decided to pass us on a blind corner in the mountains while we were doing the speed limit 50km ph ( 30mph)
I saw the on coming van before he did and I had to slam on the brakes and pull almost into the ditch so they wouldn't collide.
The Van driver had to do the same on her side of the rode to let him get through. .
We were both stopped and shaking our heads..

Back to your situation, - You would think that a Bumper would be the first thing the parts guys would stock up , 31 days a little much , did they offer an explanation?

We have lots of those Big Foot drivers in San Diego. Very aggravating and dangerous - both drivers and their vehicles.

Used to own an airplane. Sometimes when a part was needed, the manufacturer would have to make one. Your long wait reminds me of that situation.

Body parts are a major concern. I imagine the doors and most of the innards are shared with the "global" i, a car that's sold in reasonable numbers. But bumpers, windshield, roof, etc., are all specific to north america because of the larger dimensions, and likely to be in very short supply if sales keep at the current <1000/yr. level. This story doesn't surprise me, but I'll admit it's disappointing to hear it so early in the game.

Back