Copy mp3 direct from usb dongle to car HD

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming you have a CD collection . . . . you can rip all the albums to your hard drive and then select only the songs you want for the car and drag them to a new folder (Car Music) and they will be stored there according to the track number they were originally assigned on the album, and then they further sort (automatically) alphabetically

Even if you download a single MP3 (like from Amazon) it will fall into the same filing order based on the track number it was on the album it originated from - All of this 'info' is evidently stored digitally on the track file, along with the song title and so on

This gives you a really neat, diverse assortment of songs in a fairly 'random' play order. I've got about 350 songs collected from 15 or 20 albums, so there are a dozen or so #1 songs (in alphabetical order) and then it moves to the #2 songs and so on. You seldom get songs by the same artist playing back to back - It can happen, but seldom does. I do have one song done by different artists which plays back to back, but that song just happened to be the #4 track on each of the albums, and since it's the same title, they're alphabetically together

Spend a little time organizing and populating a thumb drive and you'll never go back - A word of warning though . . . . buy half a dozen thumb drives because you'll be surprised how many of your passengers will ask you if they can have a copy. I've given away 4 or 5 so far . . . .

Don

gatedad11 said:
I really don't know why anyone would bring an I-Pod into their car(and risk it being stolen) if they have the option of using a memory stick.

Memory sticks are a great for some people, but as to your comment:

1. I don't leave my iPod in my car, so there's no risk of it being stolen.
2. The iPod is a portable music player, hence I use it to listen to music everywhere. I take it with me wherever I go.
3. Since I'm taking my iPod with me anyway, memory sticks are just one more thing to carry around. Also, as stated I have 160GB of music on my iPod and don't want to worry about putting all that on memory sticks.

aarond12 said:
Yes, standard USB sticks work quite nicely in the USB port in your car. Since you have an iPod, just put your FAT32-formatted USB stick into your computer, and drag songs from iTunes into the USB stick.
I'm finally getting around to playing with the "Premium" Nav center console on my new used i-MiEV. Was able to upload a CD to the hard drive just fine, but I wanted to play my iTunes collection, so I got a 16GB FAT32-formatted thumb drive and downloaded my iTunes MP3 files onto it. I understand that I won't be able to upload into the HD, but all I want to do is play off this stick. I then plugged the stick into the USB port and after hitting "USB/iPod" all I then get is "No Data" and "No Connection" displayed. The lights on the thumb drive periodically light up to let me know it's being interrogated. Same thing if I plug in my 2GB iPod nano into this USB port. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

My ES radio has trouble playing iTunes format music. Some songs will play, but usually error out somewhere in the middle. MP3 is solid, though.

Here's another Apple-vs-iMiEV bug. My music plays and downloads just fine from my iPhone 4S, but anytime that I've got it plugged into the USB port and place or receive a call, a particular song from my phone starts playing over the car's audio system. Very annoying to me, but the person on the other end of the call can't hear it!

So, I tend to not charge the phone while I drive, meaning that I have more trouble managing my phone's SOC than the car's SOC!

Anyone else experience this bug?

Dont thnk you can transfer mp3 directly to the drive unless you perhaps remov it and stick in in a computer nd look at the file structure and hoprfully figure that out and then coy the mp3s to it. Probably a fun project.....

Since the radio plays bluetooth audio and most people have phones with music on them i think the best option is to pair the phone and play via bt.

For the apple incompatibility i have not seen it. My phone is android for canion.

Best just get a $2 cigarette plug and charge the iphone at even higher rates.

Don......

Back