Citroen C-Zero 'almost' owner question

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car now due into dealer tomorrow, Wed. They'll then check 'to see if pdi has been completed' and book a delivery date.
Come onnn.....! I need the car not only because I want to get driving Ev but also because my clutch foot is out of action and I can drive my manual shift cars!!

Yes! Well a date, will be delivered to me on Tues 18th Dec a.m. That'll do nicely. Just had confirmation also that I do have a stress fractured left foot, so sooner the better!

Back in 01 when I had my first Smart car I couldn't stop smiling, I'm expecting the same feeling to come back! And again every time I pass a garage (gas station). :)
I may well YouTube some footage. Links next week.
Thanks

Beefy, congratulations! Now, since it's winter, be sure to study your manual for your climate controls and especially defogging your windows, and for your first 62-mile round trip to work in your shoes I would really try to find an outlet for a recharge before returning home with its 1000-ft climb. In any case, do practice your hypermiling skills until you become comfortable with your actual performance. Have fun, and be sure to post a photo of your EV-grin. :)

C-Zero @JamesFamily:
https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A65oqs3qGulMhv

Does this link work ?

If so I'll post some more to that stream!

First day driving today!
Started off with 77miles remaining and within 3 mles the first blob had gone. Strange thing was after another 4 miles I was still saying 77 remaining, bit of down hill and flat 40mph traffic, good conditions I guess.
The motorway stretch, 12miles, pulled the mileage in closer to the range estimate despite only doing 50-55mph but I ended up at the end at 28miles completed with 53miles range remaining. So 28miles for 24miles range, and 2 blobs above half way on battery gauge.

Return journey I went a different way. Heavier traffic, uphill and needed a couple of mins on fan setting 1 with a/c to demise. Total was 25 miles and range remaining 13 miles, 4 blobs left on battery. (Last 5 miles slow uphill gradient impacting range?). So 25 miles for 40 miles of estimated range.

Weather was +4C but rain and wind. Always thought of rain as impacting rolling resistance and I guess more so with EV.
Load in car was just me, 97kg, and a laptop bag. Plus evse.

May well try the slower shorter route both ways tomorrow and got to sort a socket to plug into in work so I can get the heater on and put my foot down on the clear stretches!

Beefy, where did you get that wonderful light on the roof?

Looks great, as if it belonged there.

With kilometers, dont take it too seriously. It has been fine when it was warmer but I have learned to reserve the final two for the turtle. She does not like to give them away without fighting. For me I start bad but it gets better when driving. Right now, looking at the fuel gauge works better for me.

Beefy, thank you for posting the details of your first commute.
Beefy said:
First day driving today!…28miles for … 2 blobs above half way on battery gauge. … (return) was 25 miles and range remaining 13 miles, 4 blobs left on battery. (Last 5 miles slow uphill gradient impacting range?). …
So your 28 miles downhill TO work ended with 10 bars and your shorter (25 miles) uphill route home ended the day with four bars.
JoeS on 2 Dec.2012 said:
…when you get to work as you will probably be at 10-11 bars….
YES :!: :geek:

What you're seeing is that accuracy of mileage driven, speed of the mileage, and elevation change start playing an important role in our EV lives as we start approaching the car's range limits. Whereas we do a 30-mile trip with careless leadfooting abandon, a 50-80 mile trip without recharging has us paying more attention to our gauges, climate controls, and driving techniques.

Good for you, and you'll soon find your own comfort zone for this commute. What exactly is your elevation change, as I would have expected your RR to be increasing as you drove downhill (even though you're consuming miles as you do that)? Yes, finding an outlet at work to plug into will allow you to hotrod your iMiEV both ways.

Over the first 7 miles today I saw my RR go from 81 to 83 then back to 81, not totally sure of that drop maybe 300ft.
Got to work, via the 'slow busy' route today which is 24 miles and I had 72 miles remaining! 2 blobs gone on the 'fuel' and just about to lose the 3rd.
On the way home, reverse route, I ended up with 5 blobs left and 28 miles on the RR.

Work is about 1000ft lower than home but there are a few up and downs along the way.

Great fun! Obsessed by numbers so this suits me, and it takes the commuting race stress off the radar!

related question...has anyone ever driven down a long hill and had the fuel gauge go up a pip (blob)? I've had my RR go up 2 or 3 miles, but never gained a pip.

Let's repeat that for everybody:

You started with a RR of 81, drove 24 miles to work and arrived with a RR=72 Superb!
Going home you retraced your route back uphill and ended up with 5 bars and RR=28

Thus, you drove what some people would call a "mountainous 1000ft" round trip of 48 miles and yet still had a Range Remaining of 28 miles at the end.

And this is in cool weather, and a brand-new iMiEV owner (but one who obviously knows how to drive efficiently).

Way cool :!: :cool:

Thanks JoeS! Had to put a/c on 1 a couple of times too! Think a feather foot comes from commuting in a 2.5t van at 34mpg and £6.50 a gallon. At 14p a kwh I think I'm looking at close to £50 /wk saving.
My c-zero (I-miev) is costing £183/month.
As they say....do the math!

Exchange rate? £1 is $1.63

I do not know exactly how high we are living, but I have to get up to 223 meters and down the other side to 93 meters. That does regularly take away one bar and later get me two bars back. Getting home usually takes about two bars. Distance back and forth is about 18 kilometers. Speed is about 60 km/h (35 mph), that is what I get down in "B" without my feet touching break or gas.

Back