Cell Monitoring Unit "recall"

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in a similar boat as MLucas- it's about 80 miles for me to my dealer, with no L2 EVSE betwixt us. While I could lean on a couple friends to help me with an hour or two of L1 charging along the way, I would really want to limit that ask to once a year for annual warranty maintenance visits. If this is going to be a regular thing, I'll be persona non grata pretty quickly. I need to find out if this recall can wait until June (my annual) or if it really needs to happen ASAP- with fall approaching, I need to do it before temps (and range) fall!

Rich

My garage is one of only two private Plugshare locations in all of Northern New York. :(

The other one is in the wrong direction (north) if I'm driving to my dealer (south).

Which brings up a separate topic- our friendly members here on the forum hopefully are all signed up on Plugshare for the reason you cite: most EV drivers are glad to help out, but if we don't know where you are, we can't ask! :D

I know you and I are on there :cool:

Rich

I’m going to have my CMU software updated in a few days. Has anyone that had it done noticed and changes; Range, charge time, strange happenings, less RR after a full charge, etc?

The service person I spoke to at the Mitsubishi dealer said they upgraded 3 so far but they are the ones on the lot for sale. That doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I was told it will take about 2hrs to complete not the half hour Mitsubishi stated in the letter.

Thanks. I don’t like taking my baby to the Dr. when there doesn’t seem to be any thing wrong.

Mine was taken care of last week. I never received the letter, but the dealer didn't even ask. I've noticed no difference in the car's behavior, but did not test the remote under each condition before and after...

Had mine done last week and my 8,000km checkup at the same time - Might be my imagination but it does seem a little peppier.
Might be the winter air they put in the tires. Took them 35 minutes.

Had mine done this morning, I waited an hour and a half but not sure how much of that time was actually for the update and time the car waited for a technician to get started on it. Since we only have 1 Mitsubishi dealership in Hawaii, their service department is pretty busy as it also doubles as a Ford dealer. They also provided me with a car report card and said no other maintenance is required at this time, glad they didn't recommend an oil change with my odometer reading nearly 9000 miles. Did not notice anything different on the 15 mile drive home.

Thanks for the reports everyone.
Just had the update done, took about an hour.
I didn't see any changes on the 12 mile drive home
and hope not to see any adverse effects.
Thanks again, this forum is GR8!

I called the San Jose dealer's service department again yesterday and all I get is an answering machine, of course they don't call back either (its been over 24 hours). I'm going to call Mitsubishi and complain that this dealer is useless and to please send the parts to the Livermore Calif dealer. They do answer the phone and are closer by 6 miles.

jjlink said:
I called the San Jose dealer's service department again yesterday and all I get is an answering machine, of course they don't call back either (its been over 24 hours). I'm going to call Mitsubishi and complain that this dealer is useless and to please send the parts to the Livermore Calif dealer. They do answer the phone and are closer by 6 miles.
Don't think there's any 'parts' involved - You can present your car to any dealer in the country and get this done, no matter where you bought your car . . . . sounds like you need a new dealer anyway. It would be less time consuming if you call for an appointment first so they're ready for you when you come in

Don

jjlink said:

Mitsubishi headquarters got it straightened out they are sending the airbag sensors to the livermore dealership and they will do the work one week from today (this gives them time to get parts delivered). :D

I also let them know that the other dealership's service department does not answer their phone or return calls when I leave a message.

I'm away and still have not had the update performed. Those of you who have had this update, have you noticed any change in the amount of regeneration? This is one feature of our iMiEV that I would definitely not want to have reduced; the only exception, of course, is when the car is already fully charged and one starts off going downhill.

Don said:
No changes in the car's operation at all, so far as I can tell Joe

Don
Same here. I can't tell a difference.

Sure would be nice if we could get our hands on a Change-Log. :?

I had mine done this weekend. My i made the entire 91 kilometers without needing a recharge in between. That was with light rain, two skyways and some uphill driving at 90 kmh / 55 mph most of the way and between 6 and 9 C. I had one bar left on arrival. After they opened the gates, I pulled in and started charging. I figure it would be a bit before they got to my car even though I had an appointment. But, after talking to the service writers they said it need at least several bars before they could get started anyway. I sat there for about six hours waiting for them to get to my car and for mine to be charged up all the way. I didn't quite get a full charge but left anyway, got tired of waiting. I quickly dropped the first bar and then lost the second one on a wrong turn. The third went pretty quickly getting back on the highway but for the first time I was glad to hit traffic. Instead of being over drawn, I was now in the positive. Got moving again and hit more traffic, decided to leave the highway and take the back roads. Made it home with two bars showing and 11 kmh remaining. Did actually better on the way back.

Did not notice any difference in the cars performance or behavior after the update. Still runs great!

Don said:
No changes in the car's operation at all, so far as I can tell Joe

Don

Same experience here. No difference after the upgrade. I had mine serviced yesterday for both the SRS AirBag sensor recall and the CMU update at the Livermore, CA dealership. There service manager (Gary) was great, I could not ask for a better car service experience. Compare that to the San Jose dealership who's service department won't even answer phone calls or Emails.

So, after a little more testing it looks like there is a bit of a change. I can't completely confirm this, but It would appear that the battery monitoring is actually a little more sensitive and accurate.

Before the CMU update, whenever my car would perform a battery re balance (drain battery to under 2 Bars or less, then charge back to full), I never saw more than 68 miles of predicted range.

Now it's not uncommon to see 78 miles or more. I'd never seen numbers in the 70s before.

Had my recall service performed last week- great experience with my dealer. They flat-bedded my i and gave me a loaner car for the day!

No noticeable difference with the car at all, except I had them install the USB port- now I have a 16GB mp3 music system!

RIch

nt2w said:
Had my recall service performed last week- great experience with my dealer. They flat-bedded my i and gave me a loaner car for the day!

No noticeable difference with the car at all, except I had them install the USB port- now I have a 16GB mp3 music system!

RIch

That is quite accomodating of them! Very nice dealership.

Back