Canion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no joy. The text file is created but it only has one line.

Is there anything else I can try??

only thing I imagine,
swap with somebody else using the same application:
a) the car
b) the dongle
c) the android device

Xavier

Hi Xavier,

We tried with a different BT dongle as well as a different android tablet...

All appear to behave the same.

Another run this morning, again created the empty txt file.

Is there any other software I could try and capture the data stream for analysis?

I would think it would be better to prove there is data present before we look at the code in Canion.

Try with "log.txt" additional to/instead of "mainlog.txt". You'll should get communication info with the dongle.

Martin

hello
Reecho uses now a specific release of canion.
there is a very specific frame on his car and we made a small adaptation for him.
I think we will add the mod in future official release.

in his car, there are no ways to get VIN & AccPedal.

Xavier

Bonsoir,
A new rel (120) of canion was published just now (merci Martin).
many changes:
a new panel for the "Settings" was added (you access at the bottom from the list on top right).
you can select the screens you want to use.
you can use the volume buttons for sliding from screen to screen.
the imiev 2010 is managed.
and some other changes (it is self explanatory).
if you are using a special release, you should uninstall it and install this one from playstore.

Xavier

ps: no changes in the DB, you keep your data.

Martin/Xavier, than you for yet another great update! I appreciate the new Settings screen and the ability to select the screens we wish to use most often. Three questions:
1. Where might I find a bit more explanation of the various functions?
2. Under Developing/Troubleshooting, I see Logging Main and Logging Scanner functions which I presume would help you pinpoint problems - are they of any use to us users?
3. Any chance for a future release to have a Panel/Screen dedicated to displaying Error Codes?

Bonjour
a) When you touch an option, you get some help. it should be self explanatory.
for instance about AutoClose:
153a12e3000b4b.jpg

b) Yes, it is only to help Martin & myself for diagnostics...
it shoud be activated only on our demand (or it will generate huge logs on your device and slow down the application).

c) Error Codes: certainly not in canion...
I want to keep it safe: we only listen passively to can messages.
maybe in another application...

Xavier

Hello
rel 121 is the new one...
many improvments were done:
the tripviewer is included,
now, it is possible to review later every trip.
some bugs were corrected.
Xavier

Hi, I've just bought an OBDLink LX and downloaded Canion running on a Nexus 7 for use with my C-Zero EV.

When it's connected either Canion or the OBDLink LX seems to be interacting with the cars systems in an undesirable way: the regenerative charging on overrun seems to be disabled (it doesn't slow down when I take my foot off the accelerator as it usually does), as does the ESP/ARS: both warning lights come on, on the dash, which according to the handbook means "Fault with the ESP/ASR systems". Similarly another warning light comes on indicating that there's a "fault with the main electrical circuit".

When I turn the car off, unplug the LX, and restart everything appears to be back to normal. But needless I'm concerned about the safety implications of using the car with the LX / Canion if it's somehow disabling systems as it appears to be.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems to this?

Hello
canion only listens passively to the messages on the canbus.
it cannot generate this kind of symptoms.

I see 2 possibilities:
a) your dongle is defective.
b) you are using at the same time another application trying to use your dongle ( for instance Torque).

Could you give some details and tell where you are: maybe there is another user near you who could help you.

Xavier

Thanks Xavier. I'm not using another app, other than the ODB Link app which I understand is required to connect the nexus to the dongle. So I've posted the same query on Scantools website to see if they think the dongle is faulty.

I'm based in Suffolk, England.

Graham

The OBDLink app will do this to the car. It is not required to use the dongle. At least on the MX model, you plug it in, press the button, and pair your phone. Open Canion and if it doesn't ask to connect a device, tap the yellow box and select your dongle.

Interesting that regen is actually disabled. It must feel weird letting off and the car just coasts.

This regen getting disabled is interesting. We have had discussions on adding some kind of coast button. If the canion team can figure out what is happening to disable regen it may be interesting to capture this information and post it.

Perhaps doing a log and analyzing it with canion in this no regen state would be worthwhile.

Don.....

grsebs said:
Thanks Xavier. I'm not using another app, other than the ODB Link app which I understand is required to connect the nexus to the dongle. So I've posted the same query on Scantools website to see if they think the dongle is faulty.

I'm based in Suffolk, England.

Graham

Hello Graham!

You do not need any other app - only caniOn!

I know this behavior with app OBD Link. On scanning the canbus, several canbus-protocols are checked from app OBD link by sending some init-commands to the canbus. One of this init-commands cause this troubles - very dangerous, yes!

So, please, do not use any other app - only caniOn!

Martin

Back