Canion Battery Readings

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlueLightning said:
...Capacity measurement with heater at full power, https://www.dropbox.com/home/Blue%20Lightning , search for a file "Heater & SoC Battery Capacity test.xls"...

priusfan said:
I filled the sheet from bluelightning (it is in his dropbox).

Errr... why can't I see this file/folder?
I get an "folder Blue Lightning don't exist" error

19f1fa7fd1809548cf5ae96675fe1bedo.png

Sorry, not familiar with dropbox, may be this link will work
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6rsy6a1k5ug7b1/AABi3PYC7bsw3X-VqyNgAh64a?dl=0

Battery Capacity is also sensitive to the discharge rate, but it does seem to be a sensitive case between 10 A and 50 A, see Fig. 2 Discharge characteristics, from Development of Large-sized Lithium-ion Cell, https://www.gs-yuasa.com/jp/technic/vol5/pdf/05_1_021.pdf

Test done.

Barbagris: 44.3 Ah uncorrected, 44.6 Ah temperature corrected.

34.000 km / 21,000 mi. Heavy use (all days with several minutes at full power, near all days charge to 100%, range estimated at the start 80-110 km, 50-68 mi)

Test with caniOn 124, I tried to install 125 with the .apk file but I have a kind of "signature problem with previous version" or similar.

Last summer I tried to do some tests with caniOn log & Excel in normal use, and I got results near 43 Ah across 23,50% SOC. Others results gave me 44.0 and 42.7 Ah, so I don´t gave "my" test much fiability.

Thanks a lot!

Excellent work. You are very close of the real actual capacity of the battery. Congratulations. For me the value of current capacity is established by the car only once an year (maybe with values obtained in the last days). Maybe someone could check if the value change every day??? And the value is sensible on temperature, of course. Mine, with 63.000 km and 3 years was at 36,4 Ah. If I'm right, the real capacity can be lower then the current capacity, because if it takes it only once an year, then some more degradation occurred (unless you take the value in the day of the year that the car do the calculation). I think my car calculate the value every year in 1 of March. I say this because I saw significant variations in the value of each bar twice in March in the last thee years (and the car is from March 2011). Now one bar 5% (54%-59%) values 560 Wh in the battery (seen by Canion), and this value is the same since March. But in February was more then 650 Wh. Yes, in one day one bar was more then 650 Wh and the next day 560 Wh. I think this happened because in February my car was determining maximum capacity as new (or even better then new) but wasn't, and this is the cause of getting stop with the car reading 14,5% SoC.
I'm now waiting for march 2015. In the garage, on the annual check, I hope they give me again the value of capacity remaining. Last March was 36,4 Ah with 63.000 km and 3 years. And temperatures in that time where cold, and usually I had 5-10ºC in the battery in early March. In early march 2015 I will try to have the car with the battery at 25ºC, and I hope i'm right and the capacity will be a similar number, because the lost of one year of use will be similar to the value that I will gain because temperature in the battery will be higher then the last time. I hope i'm right and get 36,4 Ah in march 2015 again.

Continued from thread Buying a Used i-MiEV, http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2435&start=40

I checked the car this morning, and it had stopped at 97.5%. I replugged the car to let canion run, and it kept charging at a slow rate, but haven't checked it again yet. The cells are slightly out of balance, which I would expect after sitting for three months at or near full charge. It had 14 bars on the gauge when the dealer posted it for sale on their website. When I test drove it, it had 7. I'm taking it for a drive today.

Update. It was at 99.5% and nearly balanced when I left this morning. The RR is really low compared to my white car, though it is rather cold and I'm running with heat. As for the temperature readings from Monday, that was with CaniOn 124, so they were incorrect. Actual battery temp was around -4 °C. My newer screenshots are CaniOn 125.

So, after being parked all night in a warm building and a 15 mile drive to Pittsburgh, the car now says 11 bars, 44 RR. The heat was used during the drive. I guess the battery being really cold was the main issue. My white car has 13 bars and 39 miles RR after a drive at 0 F and heat on Max.

The battery is coming into balance with each charge.

I've finally had the opportunity to do longer driving with Koorz. It's not getting the range that Bear does. On main roads at low 20's F, full charge to turtle netted a range of 49 miles, with an hour of level 1, 8 amp charging.

I've included some shots of CaniOn. I measured energy consumption on my drive to work this morning. How does Wh consumption vs. SoC compare to others? The battery still has some more balancing to do. I'm concerned that there may be some lithium plating. It was a Michigan car that went through a tough winter. Also, the front Yokohama tires may be playing a factor, as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/78bm2ti9chu5wbn/AACcJG5ifmVwNQQasWW8AvgVa?dl=0

Hi All,

On the weekend I had the chance

To run my battery pretty low coming home. So I decided to do the limbo with it and see how low I could go.

The lowest I had it down to last winter was 6 percent on a rough return home when it was very cold. This time I when down 2 percent under controlled conditions. Ambient temp was about 5 Deg C (41 Deg F).

I was happily surprised that after 50,000 KM (31,000 Miles) the battery cells seem really good. I think I have about 5% capacity loss That's just a finger in the wind estimate based on the RR numbers I see and my memories from 3 years ago.

When I drive the car gently in a mix of some highway/city I see about 114 Km (71 miles of RR) at 5 Deg C.

http://imgur.com/a/v9LrK

Don......

Back