Cabin Air Filters

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I have these requested:

Qty
2 - Don
2 - BillThompsonMIEV
4 - JoeS
1 - FiddlerJohn
3 - jennrod12
2 - iDriver
2 - Llecentaur
2 - jray3
1 - aarond12

I assumed one if the post didn't say how many (feel free to change it).

I plan to order these on Monday March 11th so please PM me any updates and Paypal E-mail address (except for BayMiEVers). I wont request any Paypal funds until the filters arrive here.

Thanks

I took a quick look and couldn't see how to take the glove box off to access the filter.
Any tips on how to remove it to access the filter?

I would be interested in a filter if you have any left jjlink. (if I can figure out how to get to it :) )

Thanks,
Steve

SteveB said:
I took a quick look and couldn't see how to take the glove box off to access the filter.
Any tips on how to remove it to access the filter?

I would be interested in a filter if you have any left jjlink. (if I can figure out how to get to it :) )

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Just push in on the sides of the glove compartment box so the plastic pins clear the sides of the opening. Then the glove box will drop down exposing the cover for the air filter (which just snaps off).

I do have at least two filters left if you interested.

Thanks

Thanks John,

I'll take 2 of them. Could you tell me how to pay? I think I have a Paypal acct but have not used it much recently.
I think it has a credit card set up.

You could send me info to ---

Steve

PS I have to remember to "think outside the box" sometimes. Just bend the sides in is too easy. :roll:

SteveB said:
Thanks John,

I'll take 2 of them. Could you tell me how to pay? I think I have a Paypal acct but have not used it much recently.
I think it has a credit card set up.

You could send me info to ---

Steve

PS I have to remember to "think outside the box" sometimes. Just bend the sides in is too easy. :roll:

Steve, I just sent you a PayPal invoice. Thanks :)

SteveB said:
Just bend the sides in is too easy. :roll:
The i-MiEV was designed for simplistic assembly. I just added the USB cable assembly for my car and was astounded: Start with a pop-off cover, then two screws held in the radio, two screws held the knee bolster in place, then the bolster, HVAC controls, and lower dash all pop right off. Amazing.

The Cabin Air Filters arrived. I will send out PayPal invoices to all who PM me their information (E-mail address for PayPal).

Qty

Waiting for Paypal info (E-Mail address is needed):

1 - FiddlerJohn
2 - iDriver

Shippped on 3/15/2013

1 - aarond12
2 - Don
2 - Llecentaur

Shipped on 3/18/2013

2 - BillThompsonMIEV

Shipped on 3/20/2013

2 - jray3

To be Shipped on 3/21/2013

2 - SteveB

For Local pickup:

4 - JoeS = $15.00 x 4 - Hand Delivered 03/16/2013
3 - jennrod12 = $15.00 x 3

If anyone else is interested in getting these, please post your interest (and how many you want) on this thread. If we get interest in 20 filters I will go ahead and order another batch of 20. The shipping cost from the source in Singapore is much much less when purchased in batches of 20.

Slightly off topic but related to cabin air circulation...

I find that too much air comes into the car passively. Specially in winter it cools of the car. Of course I can close the air intake but that is too drastic. Is the a way of reducing the passive inflow ?

Thanks.

Good day! We just purchased a 2012 Miev. We don't even have it yet! It will be delivered soon
(I hope) So, yes, I'd be interested in a pair of filters. I can already see this car will be a maintenance nightmare. Gotta replace this filter every year or so and then in just six years will need to replace the coolant liquid. Other than that, we have to look at things once every 15,000 miles. Such a pile of work. *goofy grin* Heeheeee!

So I finally replaced my cabin air filter today. Literally a 60 second procedure (unlike my Honda minivan that necessitated dashboard disassembly and the cutting of braces).
Just open the glovebox and pull in the sides a bit, allowing it to tilt further open past the stops, and spill the contents into your passenger footwell. :roll:
You'll then see a white plastic cover that's easily unsnapped. Slide out the filter and replace, reinstall the cover and glovebox.
After 15 months, my filter was clean enough to blow out with compressed air and reuse, but I rotated in a new one to avoid delay.

I'll take 2. Just had first 12 month service, and not paying $65 for the dealer to replace a filter that costs less than $20. Thanks.

Chuck

Llecentaur said:
I find that too much air comes into the car passively. Specially in winter it cools of the car. Of course I can close the air intake but that is too drastic. Is the a way of reducing the passive inflow ?
Yes, I find that to be a problem also - Not sure if there's anything we can do about it though

In an ordinary car where you have a knob and cable controlling the flapper which determines whether you get inside or outside air into the heating/cooling system, you can position the knob at halfway and get some of both, or you can put it at 90% recirculate with only 10% outside air coming in and still get enough fresh air to not fog the windows, while not having to heat (or cool) 100% outside air - With our car, it's all or none, either way you choose, NOT one of Mitsu's better ideas

Don

OK, i'm ready to do a second group purchase this Tuesday April 30th. They will arrive here in California on Thursday and I will have them shipped via US First Class mail on Friday.

All those interested please PM me your E-mail address so I can invoice you via Paypal.

It works out to $35.38 for two delivered to the US via first class mail and payment via Paypal (a quantity of one would be $19.95). Here is the price breakdown: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1307&start=16

Waiting List:

BillSF - 2
frxdy - 2
Chuck - 2
oahumiev - 2
acensor - 1 or 2 ?

Back