Bought new silver 2012 SE for $26,250

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All 3 of the cars at http://www.beasleymitsubishisouth.com/mitsubishi-models/mitsubishi-i-miev-austin-tx.cfml are listed for $12,500 below MSRP.

jz1 said:
All 3 of the cars at http://www.beasleymitsubishisouth.com/mitsubishi-models/mitsubishi-i-miev-austin-tx.cfml are listed for $12,500 below MSRP.
Have there been any i-MiEV's sold for more than $11,401 off the MSRP on this forum?
I wonder if these three cars have been left fully charged for over a year in the Austin Texas heat?
I would ask the dealer for a battery report on percent remaining capacity before I would buy one of these i-MiEVs.

Having recently bought a 2012 iMiev that had stood for a year in the Queensland heat (30degC+) I would definitely agree with a battery report as insurance, the good news is that my car has proved to be on song, despite me not bothering with requesting the report. Getting regular 100km+ ranges, so you can at least be confident the car is likely to pass with flying colours.

Working on finalizing a deal for a white SE with an MSRP of $34,900 for a delivered price of $21K plus sales tax. with 0% financing

With 67 vehicles still shown in Autotrader and lots left with dealers that don't list with Autotrader, what do they do if 7/31 comes and all the cars are not sold?

jeffreyb said:
With 67 vehicles still shown in Autotrader and lots left with dealers that don't list with Autotrader, what do they do if 7/31 comes and all the cars are not sold?
Maybe another batch of $69/month leases? :lol:

RobertC said:
jz1 said:
Have there been any i-MiEV's sold for more than $11,401 off the MSRP on this forum?
I wonder if these three cars have been left fully charged for over a year in the Austin Texas heat?
I would ask the dealer for a battery report on percent remaining capacity before I would buy one of these i-MiEVs.

I think that's a reasonable thing to worry about. I bought an I-MiEV at Roger Beasley. There were six I-MiEV's there when I bought it 3 months ago. Both the car I bought and the and the one I test drove had about 500 miles on them. So they've been getting a fair amount of test drives. I have a home energy monitoring system. I ran the car really low and I could see that the full charge was about 16 kWh.

jeffreyb said:
It's an interesting question. On the one hand, there's no reason for Mitsubishi to stop offering the incentives until the inventory completely clears, which is their goal. On the other, I don't think monthly demand for these cars is ever going to drop to zero - it's got a pretty decent reputation among those who understand EVs, and Nissan has not adequately addressed the LEAF's obvious thermal management deficiencies, so there'll be an ongoing trickle of folks coming to the conclusion they want an i-MiEV, especially if it's cheaper than the LEAF. As transaction numbers dwindle, reported sales prices are going to start getting unstable as remaining supply finally approaches new demand. Incentives or no, dealers will get what they can.

So while I figure the sweet spot was probably May/June, there may still be deeply discounted deals to be had after Aug. 1, depending on the parties involved and their circumstances. But it's going to start getting dicey, especially if Mitsu's just going to withhold any new supply until the 2012s are gone. Mitsu's made pretty clear that the i-MiEV will come back largely as is, so I don't think there's much reason to wait on that front; though we can probably look forward to the upgraded EVSE sold with 2013s in Canada, I don't expect they'll spend another penny developing/improving this generation of the vehicle, not even to provide the SE interior with a badly needed upgrade from the euro-market's parts bin, e.g., the UK's Tamashii Pack at http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/interior-360.aspx

Pricing (which I think is the main question for many) is a total wild card - hopefully the weaker yen will allow them to retain/restore their list price advantage relative to the LEAF (otherwise it just won't sell beyond hard-core EV geek contrarians), but there's no way it will be at the price levels we've seen this summer.

As I've opined before, I expect the "returning" i-MiEV to come back (possibly announced on the coattails of Outlander PHEV pre-marketing) as a "ship to order" proposition, with some presence at auto shows and perhaps dealer tours to give potential new buyers a look without asking dealers to hold inventory (cuz that didn't work out so well this last round). After the drubbing it's taken in the press, the i-MiEV may never be the success its supporters had hoped for, but I'm still hopeful it will find its place in the garages of those who can appreciate its virtues.

jz1 said:
We have a Leaf and an i-MiEV now.
Cool.
We now have two i-MiEVs.
I was able to pick up a second i-MiEV from a dealer in York, Pennsylvania for $17,361.
It was sold from another dealer in Alexandria, Virginia at the end of December, presumably to get the $7,500 tax credit.
Our second i-MiEV has the DC Quick Charge option and had 428 miles on it when we bought it in April.
Since it had been previously sold, it no longer qualified for the federal tax credit.
New Jersey does not offer a state tax credit, but instead does not charge state sales tax on electric vehicles.

jeffreyb said:
Working on finalizing a deal for a white SE with an MSRP of $34,900 for a delivered price of $21K plus sales tax. with 0% financing

That sounds like a really great deal! Were you able to get it? Will you be able to apply for the federal tax credit too?

jeffreyb said:

What's the significance of 7/31? Is it because new cars come out in August?

Back