Are Journalists Trying to Kill the Electric Car?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Norwegian study that was cited by WSJ et al. was the result of either gross incompetence or intellectual dishonesty. Using an engine nearly 20 times as large as a typical EV engine is a joke. http://llewblog.squarespace.com/electric-cars/2012/10/11/the-truth-will-out.html

aarond12 said:
He also may be suffering from Wal*Martism. What's that? When someone dismisses anything that's not "normal" or "expected". You know, safe stuff like at Wal*Mart. They can go to the store, get average food, average appliances, watch TV on an average TV, and wear average clothes made in China. If something deviates from "average", they lose their minds.

Heh. The other day, after talking about electric cars with a co-worker he looked up the Leaf and said, "Hey, that looks more like a normal car!" My only thought was, why would I want to drive a normal-looking car when I could drive one with personality?

nsps said:
My only thought was, why would I want to drive a normal-looking car when I could drive one with personality?
That point exactly was one of the main reasons I bought the i. The LEAF S is about the same price with more range (unfortunate for Mitsubishi), but I had more confidence in Mitsubishi's engineering than Nissan's. This was another reason.
I want a car that stands out for the right reasons, and one that I can count on to get me where I need to go, all the while keeping that oil deep underground where it belongs. I don't want more of the same (wow, sounds like I'm quoting the front of the i-MiEV brochure :lol: ).

Back