airbag light reset

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpod

My light came on. Researched it here, but did not take seat out. Does anybody know how to reset it other than bring it to the dealer? Would a scan Guage work?

I asked around everywhere when mine came on. Only the dealer can reset it. I guess the SRS is proprietary to each make.

Mine was a faulty impact sensor. It took about a month and two visits to fix it.

fjpod said:
My light came on. Researched it here, but did not take seat out. Does anybody know how to reset it other than bring it to the dealer? Would a scan Guage work?

When I lived in Seattle there was a place that specialized in airbag stuff. My friend and I would go there to get our airbag light reset. Eventually we figured out with the service manual how to do it ourselves with a paperclip inserted into (OBDII?) at key moments. =). We were buying cars (theft recoveries, no accidents just missing airbags) from the insurance auction, so we need to get the light reset. I am sure you don't need the dealer.

You are going to end up at the dealer in the end. The computer that sets the airbag light has to be reset with a M.U.T III scan tool. I would be more interested as to why the light is on and get the underlying problem resolved. You don't want to be driving a car with a SRS system that is partly or completely non-functional.

Back