1-year Check

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my 1-year service done on Thursday- at 8100 miles. Cabin air filter, battery test, NY state annual inspection ($10) brake pump & Clipper Creek recalls. $86- half of which was the air filter! I told them I also wanted the high-performance exhaust installed :)

Love my dealer (Fuccillo Mitsubishi, Watertown, NY). They flat-bedded my car at no charge from Gouverneur (about 1/2 way--40 miles-- between my house and them) to the shop and gave me a new Lancer loaner car.

Flat bed driver told me he would have had the car back earlier but Fuccillo's detailer insisted on finishing my floor mats (no charge) because there was too much salt in them! Car rolled off the flatbed with a full charge and 74 miles on the RR meter.

I _did_ have to reprogram my radio afterward, and also had to reset the "wrench"-- the service manager pointed me to the manual section to do so.

I had the opportunity to test out "long range" driving just for fun... on the way down, I drove at 35mph (US Hwy 11 has full-width shoulders so I could pull over to safely let people by) and used up 6 bars in 42 miles with a RR of 53---- I probably could have made it to the dealer if my life depended on it. On the way back, I drove at highway speed, 50-55mph. I used up 9 bars in 36 miles (27 miles RR) back to my office in Potsdam, 50% more capacity used at 20mph higher speed!

In case you're interested, Fuccillo still has a loaded SE on the lot---- the flatbed driver relayed the message they're taking $15k (!) off the sticker if you want to buy it... not sure if that includes the $7500 tax deal or not...

Cheers

Rich

PS- last time I'll have to flatbed the car- National Grid is working with NYSERDA and ChargePoint to put EVSE at St Lawrence University in Canton and Tops Market in Watertown, so I will be able to drive to Watertown next July on my own!!!

Well, brake pump didn't make it in time, so my service has been rescheduled. No biggie, but had planned to spend the day in the area near the dealer. My next available weekend won't be for another month. Oh well, more electric miles to drive :D .

Had my one year service check done IAW maintenance and warranty manual. I also had 12 volt battery checked for proper operation, and had all fluid levels checked to include coolant reservoir in electric motor room at the rear. Cabin air filter, purchased through this forum, was also installed. Total cost was $25.00.

BillThompsonMIEV said:
Had my one year service check done IAW maintenance and warranty manual. I also had 12 volt battery checked for proper operation, and had all fluid levels checked to include coolant reservoir in electric motor room at the rear. Cabin air filter, purchased through this forum, was also installed. Total cost was $25.00.
I guess you're saying you did that all yourself? How did the air filter look ... do we really need to replace it after a year? I thought the first year inspection included a battery capacity check - does it not? I suppose if I'm happy with the range and have no warning or error indicator lights, maybe it's a pointless endeavor.

The one year service was done at the dealer; I provided the cabin air filter; did not see the old filter. Did not do the battery capacity check, as the flyer issued at delivery of vehicle stated no battery capacity check required, if steps followed in the flyer.

Replacing the cabin air filter is charged 60 € in France at the 1-year check.
I put pictures below to explain how to remove the cabin air filter for inspection, cleaning, or replacement.
The filter is black not because it is dirty, but because it contains active carbon.
The filter is a square of 18 by 18 cm, my filter was clean after one year, but in the other hand, instead of using the air fan, I open slightly the door windows, at low speed, it must be more efficient to save power. http://www.deficonso.com/V1965

Peugeot iOn, Cabin Filter and glove box dismounted

Peugeot iOn, Cabin filter in place

Peugeot iOn, Carbon Cabin Filter

Peugeot iOn, Glove Box Detail

Had my service visit. 98 mile roundtrip, and had a loaner i-MiEV for the day. Drove a total of about 150 miles and didn't use any gasoline. :mrgreen: :p

Had Clipper Creek and brake pump recalls done (can't believe how quiet the new pump is) as well as the 12 month service and battery check. They didn't give me the results, but said it was good. Another thing I noticed is that the first bar drops quicker now.

Total cost of this trip, about a dollar in electricity (did I mention that I love this car?) and $30 in lunch.

Back