jafcorrea

Almost an owner ... but need advice

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi all, maybe getting in 48h a 2014 with 55k,

question, .... I know on a Nissan Leaf you can check how many bars the battery still have (12 max)

I like to know on miev if I can do the same?

what are the max bars ?

about the battery degradation? ...... how the 8years 100k warranty works?

Thanks in advance

JC

Don
Site Moderator

Re: Almost an owner ... but need advice

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Mitsu extended the battery warranty to 10 years, 100,000 miles and they have been very good about replacing any defective batteries. Degradation is not nearly the problem it is with the Leaf. There are many cars beyond the 100K which still have 80% or better of the original range

With the Mitsu, you will always see ALL the bars on the fuel gauge after a full recharge, *if* the battery is good - Any battery which doesn't recharge fully has proven to be defective and has been replaced

A used iMiEV which recharges fully is a pretty safe bet, IMO

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2017 Chevy Volt Premier
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1979 Honda CBX six into six

jafcorrea

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Don wrote:Mitsu extended the battery warranty to 10 years, 100,000 miles and they have been very good about replacing any defective batteries. Degradation is not nearly the problem it is with the Leaf. There are many cars beyond the 100K which still have 80% or better of the original range

With the Mitsu, you will always see ALL the bars on the fuel gauge after a full recharge, *if* the battery is good - Any battery which doesn't recharge fully has proven to be defective and has been replaced

A used iMiEV which recharges fully is a pretty safe bet, IMO

Don

Thank's Don, I did not go to the dealer yet, so on the dash, need to show 100% charge and all bars on, right?
where on the dash shows "100%" or only "ready"

sorry I cannot add pic's

wmcbrine

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm

There's no display in the i-MiEV that's equivalent to the Leaf's battery health gauge, but some people use Canion (q.v.) to get more detailed info on their batteries.

"All bars on" and "100%" are the same thing. The only "bar" display in the i-MiEV is the charge gauge, on the left side of the dashboard, taking up the left half of the LCD circle that's shared with the gear display.

I'd be highly surprised if a random i-MiEV at a dealer was fully charged when you got there. You can ask them to do it, but it could take several hours.

jafcorrea

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:16 pm

wmcbrine wrote:There's no display in the i-MiEV that's equivalent to the Leaf's battery health gauge, but some people use Canion (q.v.) to get more detailed info on their batteries.

"All bars on" and "100%" are the same thing. The only "bar" display in the i-MiEV is the charge gauge, on the left side of the dashboard, taking up the left half of the LCD circle that's shared with the gear display.

I'd be highly surprised if a random i-MiEV at a dealer was fully charged when you got there. You can ask them to do it, but it could take several hours.

wmcbrine thanks. I asked to full charge, going friday

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”