ed5000

My Brother Bought an I-Miev!

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:39 am

My brother called me out of the blue last weekend saying he was buying an I-Miev and was naturally asking all sorts of questions. He found a black 2012 ES online with 7000 miles on it with steel wheels but no fog lights, basically a base model but he did say it has the remote. He's not even sure if it has quick charge. He said he'll find out when they deliver it next Saturday.

What happened is my brother came to California last summer for vacation at my parent's house from North Carolina and I drove over to visit a for a few days in my I-Miev, of course. We drove all over Marin County, to the top of Mount Tamalpais, Stinson Beach, restaurants, etc. and of course I told him it was my favorite car but I never tried to sell him on one. This is a great surprise to me but I'll find out more this Saturday.
2012 ES, Cool Metalic Silver, no quick charge, no fog lights and no navi but a cold weather package for when it gets 13 below, wait - it never gets that cold here.
"Silver Shadow"

Don
Site Moderator

Re: My Brother Bought an I-Miev!

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 pm

Congrats to him!! - 'Lead him' over here to the forum :D

All ES models came with steel wheels and none of them with fog lights. A few of them came with DCQC, but most of them did not. Yes, the ES was the base model

Sounds like a nice low mileage car! I'm sure he'll love it, since he already knows what to expect by running all over town in yours

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1994 Miata 60K miles - Soon to be sold
1979 Honda CBX six into six

ed5000

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Well, his car came! They called him and brought it out to him Friday afternoon at work. He said other that a few scuffs and scratches (as they pointed out online) it was in very good condition. He was very happy to see that the car came with a quick charge port. Something he wasn't sure it had. He was able to level one charge for about an hour at work then called me to ask if he could make it home (15 miles) on 4 bars remaining. I mentioned eco mode, freeway vs. city driving and the 4 miles per bar estimate and he gave it a try, arriving home with one bar blinking. Not bad for a new electric car driver. To help him out I shipped him my spare level 2 charger.
2012 ES, Cool Metalic Silver, no quick charge, no fog lights and no navi but a cold weather package for when it gets 13 below, wait - it never gets that cold here.
"Silver Shadow"

jobrett7

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:23 am

Congrats to him. If the scratches are not deep, they can be easily removed.

ed5000

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:34 am

jobrett7 wrote:Congrats to him. If the scratches are not deep, they can be easily removed.

I get the feeling the scratches were not too bad. I know he has been driving all over in it including in the snow last week where he said it drove just fine.
"Silver Shadow"

blackheart

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:53 pm

sounds like the same options I got my 2012 ES last March. Mine had 1700 miles on it. Now it has nearly 13k. No issues - NONE. Quick charger is a life saver if you are going out of town, or trying to do to many miles in our damp/colder NW winters (keeping the windows defogged just seems to eat my battery).
I met a gal just the other month who bought another 2012 black ES, but with no QC option. She loved it b/c she NEVER left town and had a 3 mile commute to work.
Congrats to your brother!!!
'Is treading water actually swimming - or just prolonged drowning"

-2012 MItsubishi I-Miev - BlackJack
-1989 GMC Sierra 4x4
-2015 RadRover Emonster bike
-2000 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Classic

EVSEupgrade

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”