A funny story

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymil

So I picked today to run the battery down to one or two bars as the owner's manual suggests. The car had about 30 miles range remaining after work. I took my 23 year-old son to dinner to a place about 10 miles away. On the way home I saw that I still had lots of bars and range remaining so I took my son on a trip down memory lane, a bunch of places he used to hang out at when he was young. The last stop was his old grade school. They added a brand new playground with lots of slides and swings and my son became 10 again and started climbing and sliding, etc. On our way home the range remaining dropped to 6 miles and the meter dropped to two bars. Mission accomplished.

As I'm pluggin in the charger my son realizes he took his keys out of his pocket at the playground and left them there. 6 miles of range remaing, two bars left, the school is about 2 miles away, what to do? Drive to the school of course!

On the way to the school, the car dropped down to one bar and started flashing. When we got to the school there was 4 miles range left. My son found his keys and we slowly make our way back home. We made it! Three miles and one blinking bar still left! Never saw the turtle!! My car is quenching its thurst as I write this. Whew!

Who knew a casual drive could be so exciting?!

Mine starts to blink with 2 bars left and i have been down to 4 miles left and never saw the turtle mode kick in.

It will blink when u get down to 2 & 1 bars. Then, there is short driving distance (a couple miles) when there are no bars showing at all, but no turtle on just yet. Then...according to the manual...when the turtle comes on, there is still I believe 8% remaining in the battery.

The first time I drove it to work & back (60.2 miles roundtrip)...I unintentionally drove it with the turtle on for like 4 1/2 miles, til I got in to my driveway. I wouldn't recommend driving it like this all the time, but it's good to know...in cases of emergency...the turtle will get u there.

Captain
Southeast Ohio
License Plate: 0 GAS 4ME ;-)

Back