how many miles after a full charge ....

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't you asked this question before and wasn't it comprehensively answered?

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4161

It depends how the car was driven during the preceding 15 miles.

In the city, driving less than 40 mph, I typically get about 70 miles remaining range after a recharge.

If I am more aggressive or have taken the car on the highway, it might be 60 miles or less.

Answering your question with the same answer as the previous reply, just saying the same thing in a slightly different way....

The Range remaining indicator is not telling you exactly how many miles you can travel, rather it is saying "This is the computer's best guess based upon the previous 15 miles". At the end of your driving day, you may do better or worse than the estimate based on the way it's been driven.

Factors are speed, terrain, use of Heating or A/C, ambient temperature, weather, tire pressure.

Since these factors are different for each of us, there's really no way to tell what it should read. The previous reply gave his numbers but he lives in Canada, and you live in San Francisco. It could be that terrain impacts your numbers more than other factors.....just guessing on my part.

The car is rated at 62 miles by the EPA. If you sometimes get numbers that are greater and sometimes lower,,,, then you could conclude that your vehicle is normal. If your numbers are always far lower then examine how these factors are affecting your range.

I've personally seen numbers as high as 91 and as low as 35. Coincidentally if you average those two numbers you get 63

Back