Depreciation i-miev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harry

Hello. I am from the UK.
I-mievs have been available here for a couple of years. i am thinking of buying one and have had a test drive.
Sales here are slow due to the cost, around £23,000 (=$38,000)
I have just seen a whole bunch of used i-mievs fro sale on the internet, apparently ex-test drive cars.
They are mostly around one year old and most have done less than 1000 miles.
Nevertheless the depreciation is huge, £8,000 ($13,000) in some cases.
I think might go for a used one.

http://www.mitsubishi-usedcars.co.uk/used-mitsubishi/search?used_search_type=componentSearch&used-car-search%5BautoMarqueDetailId%5D=61&used-car-search%5BautoModelDetailId%5D%5B%5D=2892&postcode=WR13+5JD&used-car-search%5Bdistance%5D=40&postcode=WR13+5JD&used-car-sort-order=distance_asc

The Sunday Times said on 9 December that some Peugeot dealers were selling the iOn at £13,000 brand new. One of the dealers, I recall, was in Cambridge.

If you want a good value i-Miev you could try the auctions. I bought mine about 4 weeks ago from British Car Auctions (BCA) in Enfield for just £10,750 plus the buyers premium. It is 16 months old, had done 1,900 miles and looks brand new. It came with a BCA Assured inspection. I took it for a service at my local Mitsubishi dealer the following day and everything is fine. It is still in Warranty as they don't seem to worry much about having the service done strictly every 12 months. It had been owned by Inchcape, the fleet motor co, so might have been a demo.

Aha. Very interesting that one about Peugot.
I can't see them selling many new ones at the price I have seen to date.
I have been looking at the Leaf as well.
I have had a demo drive in the i-miev and a ride in a Leaf.

Anything unexpected about the one you bought?
I wonder why the previous owner got shot of it?

Back