Battery Flaw Found

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lines-words relevant to us in that link are as follows:
"Around 150 i-MiEV and MINICAB-MiEVs also face a recall.  And although most of those 150 MiEV units were also located in Japan, as many as 50 are located in the US and Europe.  Mitsubishi says they have notified all customers with potentially faulty battery cells."

Alex

I dunno, reading between the lines, it sure looks as if the problems are limited to a smallish number of exported 2013 i-MiEVs (most of the problem cars never left Japan). As we all know (and the article reminds us in a picture caption), "no 2013s have been made available for sale in the US". The only 2013s shipped to NA have been sold in Canada. They haven't come out and said it, but the timeline suggests that the 2012 model run was finished well before the change in manufacturing process that damaged the batteries.

I guess we'll see. The defect in the brake pumps was not a problem for U.S. owners either - until it was.

acensor said:
"Around 150 i-MiEV and MINICAB-MiEVs also face a recall.  And although most of those 150 MiEV units were also located in Japan, as many as 50 are located in the US and Europe.  Mitsubishi says they have notified all customers with potentially faulty battery cells."

Alex

What if the car were at a dealer when this battery problem communication happened? Can we tie a VIN to the affected units? My dealer has not been able to tell me even how long my unit was on their lot and how many charge cycles it got while there.

It started in the wee hours in a battery room at the unoccupied building. Automatic sprinklers put it out...
and by the way, guess which chemistry they use... nickel cobalt manganese!
First there were
Sony 'Sploders
then came the
Boeing Bombs
and now...
Brammo goes Blammo?
:!:

Published July 1, 2013

ASHLAND, Ore. — A weekend fire at Brammo Motorsports did more than $200,000 worth of damage. Brammo’s Director of Marketing, Adrian Stewart, said the fire had no impact on the company’s production nor distribution process.
The fire broke out in a research lab isolated from the rest of the building. It was suppressed by Brammo’s emergency sprinkler system.
Firefighters said by the time they arrived they only had to fight light smoke. Stewart said most of the damage was water damage. The fire started when a group of batteries caught fire.

http://ktvl.com/shared/news/top-stor...vid_7892.shtml

Back