Poo Powered i-MiEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a DC Fast Charging station here in British Columbia, Canada that is powered by cow poop. The station is located at Eco Dairy in Abbotsford, BC. I charge there once in a while. Further towards Vancouver, there's a DC Fast Charging station in BCIT (British Columbia Institute of Technology) that is solar powered.

The quango / company behind the 'poo powered' iMiEV has a substantial history of twisting the truth and this is merely another example. In reality, the car has stuff-all to do with poo, in fact is is a bog-standard and completely unmodified iMiEV that runs on electricity, exactly the same as every iMiEV that was ever built. The car has been trucked to and displayed at numerous shows and exhibitions all over Queensland and it is recharged from whatever power source that is available, mostly generated by coal with the odd bit of solar, gas or hydro. As far as I'm aware, it isn't even road-registered despite the number plates. Given the deeply ingrained corruption endemic to the Australian legislature, bureaucracy and judiciary, and the political obsession with coal, I'm actually surprised someone hasn't capitalized on burning dinosaurs by claiming EVs are powered by coal, especially in areas where electricity is generated by dark age power stations running on coal. And yes i am Australian so I'm quite aware of how utterly corrupt is the establishment here.

I made a similar comment to praxidice's last year, wondered where it went -- turns out this is a duplicate thread:

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3774

Back