I just finished installing this as well. I was really interested in running CanION, and waze on a bigger screen, so I uninstalled my Pioneer and it will be on its way back to Crutchfield tomorrow. There's more to learn with this unit (the Newsmy NU3001). Some observations so far...
- iPhone 5S connected via bluetooth seems to work fine for both phone and music. Bluetooth seems to automatically connect, but with the OBDII paired, the iPhone doesn't show up in the paired list.
- iPhone 5S as a hotspot for the wifi seems to work fine as well. I downloaded Waze, Pandora and CanION from the google play store without difficulty. I'd like to figure out how to prevent gmail from automatically refreshing and downloading e-mail when the hotspot is connected.
- When I connect the iPhone to the USB, it starts some app that most of the time doesn't seem to do anything, but one time it loaded all my pictures. I wish it wouldn't do that. Hopefully I can find a way to disable that. I'm not very familiar with Android... Anyone?
- The radio goes off when I go into reverse (I have a backup camera installed). This was surprising.
- Lots to learn about CanION. Showing "Random" values for the battery levels (at least that's what they overlay says). I'm wondering if that will go away at some point. I'll have to read up in the CanION thread.
- For the install I had to drill a couple of new holes in the brackets to move the whole unit further forward. I have the factory double-din trim. Tomorrow I'll be going to a local place that will make a custom trim "ring" for me since the opening of the factory trim is more complex (with large radius corners) and the interior dimension is like nothing I could buy online. I'll let you know how it turns out.
- I ordered the 2gb unit, but in Settings->Storage it shows that there is only 0.98gb. Am I looking in the right place?
Thanks for all the great information,
2016 Aqua Marine Blue i-MiEV