From Norway with ❤️

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenriFred

Hi, my name is Henri. People think I'm weird driving a peugeot ion with my length, with a big dog while the car hardly has a big range.
I'm kind of smitten with the little bug. Trying to keep it on the road with some elbowgrease.
The only time i have to keep it parked is after huge snowfall on the roads

Attachments

• 20230501_080111.jpg
    20230501_080111.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi, my name is Henri. People think I'm weird driving a peugeot ion with my length, with a big dog while the car hardly has a big range.
I'm kind of smitten with the little bug. Trying to keep it on the road with some elbowgrease.
The only time i have to keep it parked is after huge snowfall on the roads
Hello Henri
Welcome to the forum, one doesn’t need a long range if you only drive short distances.
Mickey

Well, good for you! We have 5 i-MiEVs operating here on the wee Isle of Colonsay in the Hebrides (and, as you probably know, we're all a bit 'Scandy' over here!)...
😁 sounds like the place to be to me.
Lived on a tiny island here in Norway.
Love the smell of ocean!

Hello from the Canaries to the Hebrides
And I always thought we lived on a small island...
Is it really only about 41 km in total including ferry routes between the two islands...?
Which 2 islands? I was on Lanzarote 2 years back and staggered at the lack of progress of EVs, there. You have 300d/yr sunshine and wind every day on top (a bit like here... the wind part, anyway) yet import *90%* your electricity in the form of *appallingly* inefficient diesel! What kind of dullards are *running* the place?!! Anyway, I guess you are one of the enlightened one so I expect I am preaching to the converted!

Welcome, HenriFred! I revisited my childhood homes in Stavanger and Oslo while attending EVS35 two years ago. I saw many of our "little bugs", but the EVServices.no folks that I visited with said there's no demand to keep them running or upgrade the batteries. Basically that you rich Norwegians have abandoned your thrifty roots and are treating these cars like disposable items... Thanks for keeping it alive!

Which 2 islands? I was on Lanzarote 2 years back and staggered at the lack of progress of EVs, there. You have 300d/yr sunshine and wind every day on top (a bit like here... the wind part, anyway) yet import *90%* your electricity in the form of *appallingly* inefficient diesel! What kind of dullards are *running* the place?!! Anyway, I guess you are one of the enlightened one so I expect I am preaching to the converted!
I thought the Hebrides were 2 islands west of Scotland?

Oh yes - I was so annoyed. Around 2000 I tried to install PV systems on industrial halls or hotel roofs... I hadn't realized until then how stupid hotel managers are! I expected nothing else from politicians who used to only be able to herd goats.

With electric cars, it seems that it only becomes an issue once you have a certain "IQ".

But that doesn't just apply to Spain.

I installed my first PV system in 2004 when the price was at its highest (7000 / kWp). That's why I have a tracking system, which means that I can harvest 2400-2800 kWh per kWp per year.

Attachments

• TopTr._5.JPG
    TopTr._5.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 0
Hello from the Canaries to the Hebrides
And I always thought we lived on a small island...
Is it really only about 41 km in total including ferry routes between the two islands...?
I was wrong, sorry - Colonsay is a bit further south and smaller than I thought.
It will be nice to live there (except for the weather) and far away from Putin's nonsense

Back