Mitsubishi PX-Miev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imievnews

The Mitsubishi PX-MiEV is Mitsubishi's crossover version of the Mitsubishi i Miev.

Mitsubishi-PX-MiEV.jpg

First announced/released/teased back in 2009, the Mitsubishi PX-Miev crossover was touted as a hybrid SUV with a 30 mile pure electric driving range.
When not driving in electric, the PX-Miev would get power from a 1.6 liter 4 cylinder engine.
The PX-Miev is front wheel drive with an additional electric motor that would power the rear wheels when necessary.
The combined output of both motors is about 200 horsepower.

Then last week, Mitsubishi released an updated version of the PX-MiEV at the Tokyo auto show.
Mitsubishi-PX-MiEV-II.jpg

Apparently it isn't obvious what Mitsubishi did to the new version of the PX-MiEV, except for upgrade the 1.6liter gasoline engine to a 3.0 liter V6 powerplant. The Mitsubishi PV-MiEV will have a range of over 500 miles and has a fuel economy estimate of approximately 140MPG (which doesn't really mean much considering part of that is on pure EV and each person will drive different amounts on pure EV).

Back