stoatwblr

Re: Decyphering iMiEV and iON CAR-CAN message data

franciscoshi wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:37 am I am trying to add cruise control to an Imiev.
How far did you get with this Franciso?

I've been getting occasional error messages about cruise control lines being low (the steering wheel resistor lines) - which is odd because they're not connected. That makes me wonder if the code is in the EV-ECU (or elsewhere) and pins simply need connecting up
SilasAT

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to share a potential discovery, it seems that PID 418 contains the gear shifter position.
The first byte (B0) translated to ASCII is the gear shifter position. The rest (B1-B7) just seem like constants.
0x50: P
0x52: R
0x4E: N
0x44: D
KommyKT

CZeroOwner wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:37 am Here is a list of the PID conversions in the OBDZero app. Most of the useful conversions were found by others on this tread before I started looking.
The odometer is not valid: check with this values: FE 00 01 7D F4 00 21 12
This car is a 97780km in odometer
The valid conversion is byte(3)*65536 + byte(4)*256 + byte(5)

I searching for outdoor temperature. In this spreadsheet the outdoor temperature is only valid if car is cold start, I think this is another unit temperature, and has a few degrees difference from real temperature.

Gear values:
byte(1):
  • 80 : P
  • 82 : R
  • 78 : N
  • 68 : D
  • 131: B
  • 50 : C
I collect my used values (OVMS) in this GitHub repo: https://github.com/KommyKT/i-miev-obd2
jalovick

Hi,

I've just joined the forum and have had my i-MiEV for a few months now, and am looking to see what I can upgrade, in particular the on board charger, perhaps to a 11 kW or 22 kW unit.

I'm also active on the Open Inverter forums, and in case it is useful, some members have worked to decode the CAN for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV onboard charger, which I believe is very similar to the i-MiEV unit.

Details here:
https://openinverter.org/wiki/Mitsubish ... r_DCDC_OBC

Jamie
KommyKT

jalovick wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am Hi,

I've just joined the forum and have had my i-MiEV for a few months now, and am looking to see what I can upgrade, in particular the on board charger, perhaps to a 11 kW or 22 kW unit.

I'm also active on the Open Inverter forums, and in case it is useful, some members have worked to decode the CAN for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV onboard charger, which I believe is very similar to the i-MiEV unit.

Details here:
https://openinverter.org/wiki/Mitsubish ... r_DCDC_OBC

Jamie
Thanks this is a very useful values, for newer cars, my is a 2011 Peugeot iOn but this not add this values, but a 2015 Miev is have and data is valid.
kiev

jalovick wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am Hi,

How would you provide for cooling of the charger and pack with the higher power charging?
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle
jalovick

kiev wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:26 am
jalovick wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:20 am I've just joined the forum and have had my i-MiEV for a few months now, and am looking to see what I can upgrade, in particular the on board charger, perhaps to a 11 kW or 22 kW unit.
How would you provide for cooling of the charger and pack with the higher power charging?
I'd likely replace the stock pump with a higher flowing unit, maybe with a small radiator. I haven't looked into it that much yet, step one is working out what actually fits! The other challenge is finding something that is a combined charger and DC to DC converter. There are some Chinese options, but I'd prefer to repurpose an OEM unit and use a CAN bridge to translate, as necessary.

Jamie
CZeroOwner
Gold Member

KommyKT wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:38 pm The odometer is not valid: check with this values: FE 00 01 7D F4 00 21 12
This car is a 97780km in odometer
The valid conversion is byte(3)*65536 + byte(4)*256 + byte(5)

I searching for outdoor temperature. In this spreadsheet the outdoor temperature is only valid if car is cold start, I think this is another unit temperature, and has a few degrees difference from real temperature.
Hi KommyKT

Thanks for checking my conversions!

Note that the equation in my post is (byte(3)*256+byte(4))*256 + byte(5) which is mathematically the same as yours.

As mentioned in the notes I too am uncertain about this being the outside temperature. However it is the temperature that I have found so far that mostly closely agrees with the outside temperature. I use the temperature to compute the air density used in the air resistance model. As such it has a limited affect on the results. In other words it is close enough for what I need. If we can find a temperature that has better agreement with the true outside temperature I will change it in the app.

Cheers
David
CZeroOwner
Gold Member

In my post above on conversions I show the battery 100% capacity in Ah as PID 374 byte(7)/2. (PID 374 also contains the SoC.) This conversion gives a value for the capacity with a resolution of 0.5 Ah. However CaniOn and EVBatMon both report the battery Ah capacity with a resolution of 0.1 Ah. I guess that these apps use another PID with the capacity coded in two bytes. I haven't been able to find these bytes. Does anyone know where they are and how they can be converted to the capacity?
kiev

Howdy David,

i don't know how they get to 0.1 resolution, i would guess that if it were an important data item that it would have a lower PID value. drcat posted these findings which you likely are already aware:
374 (D1 -10)/2 = SoC
374 D7/2 = C [Capacity]
373: (((D3 * 256) + D4) - 32768) * -0.01 = Pack Amps Out (#)
373: ((D5 * 256) + D6) * 0.1 = Pack Volts (#)
He is looking for the voltage reading of the capacitor rise in the MCU in order to spoof the CAN buss to solve the P1A15 DTC error. That value is in the data items list of the MCU, but maybe there is a separate buss between MCU and EVECU? such that it doesn't show on the OBDII port..?

He posted a great video of his setup in the DIY battery upgrade thread and has a github with code and examples, etc, see github/dkotin/can_2515 folder

Kolyandex posted about the first 2 bytes of PID 374:
1st byte is "Control SOC",
second byte is "Display SOC"

i take that to mean the control value to the EVECU and the value sent to the dash fuel gauge display.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

Return to “Instruments - Radio/USB/Nav - CAN - Climate Controls - Remote”