MUT III -SE BMS data

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobG

Hi, I have just plugged a Mitsubishi VCI Lite into my 2017 Minicab Miev HLDDA which has
a 16 kWh battery pack according to Mitsubishi specs.

The MUT III - SE software correctly identifies this as an 88 cell unit.
However, the live data shows live voltage readings for 135 cells and also 68 temperature sensors. The voltage readings are correct for a Li-ion stack (so not SCiB technology).

The reason I borrowed a Mitsubishi VCI is that I previously got the same 135 readouts with my XTool D7 scan tool and assumed it was not working properly. The XTool D7 also generated SRS and TCL error lights when scanning.

Does anyone know if the Mitsubishi software has 135 slots and simply reads the first 88 cells before repeating, for example by configuring 88 cells it then uses a simple 88 modulus indexing?

Also, how many temperature sensors are used in a 16 kWh pack?

Cheers,
Rob

RobG said:
Also, how many temperature sensors are used in a 16 kWh pack?

Hi Rob

There are three module temperature sensors where four battery cells are connected in series and six module temperature sensors where eight battery cells are connected in series.

Therefore 2x3 + 10x6 = 66 temp sensors

kiev said:
Howdy Rob,

What does the MUT show as the A-Hr capacity of the pack in the 2017?

I have only just taken delivery from Japan and it is not yet road registered so I have not yet driven and charged for a few cycles.
However, the software shows 48.5 Ah for each of the last five previous logged records in the database.
16,200 km odometer.

RobG said:
However, the software shows 48.5 Ah for each of the last five previous logged records in the database.
16,200 km odometer.

48.5 Ah is max charge, usually you see this only after the BMS has been reset after a battery change. I recommend to run a battery calibration to calculate the present capacity,

Another clue about your read out issues: changes in SW for newer cars (post 2015) resulted in individual cell voltages no longer being accessible via main CAN…

Thanks for the info.
I will try the VCI on an earlier model in a few weeks for comparison.

Back