Code defaut P1AE6

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel11

hello,
I bought a faulty Ion, I repaired the charger in 220v but I have the exclamation point light on, it does not want to charge in 220v
I have a fault code P1AE6 and U1113 what is this fault and how can I remove it
thank you

Daniel11, welcome to the forum.

Presumably you have also checked/replaced the HV fuse in the MCU?

I'm afraid that I'm unable to help you, but, FWIW, here are some excerpts from the Mitsu manual addressing your specific DTCs. Note that incorrect DTCs can be set, not necessarily related to your charging issue. The references to the CAN Bus Diagnostics Table rely on using the Mitsubishi diagnostic tool M.U.T.-III and the subsequent troubleshooting procedures.

The iCarSoft i909 tool can be used to reset DTCs, but that does not address the problem.

DTC P1AE6 is BMU EEPROM error, manual section 54D-251

If there is any problem in the CAN bus lines, an incorrect DTC may be set. Prior to this diagnosis, always diagnose the CAN bus lines (Refer to GROUP 54C − CAN Bus Diagnostics Table P.54C-13).

OPERATION
• BMU communicates with EV-ECU via CAN.
DTC SET CONDITION
• When the DTCP1A51 is set to the BMU, the DTC P1AE6 will be set.
PROBABLE CAUSE
• Malfunction of the BMU system

DTC U1113 is ev remote CAN timeout/ not equipped, manual section 54D-344

If there is any problem in the CAN bus lines, an incorrect DTC may be set. Prior to this diagnosis, always diagnose the CAN bus lines (Refer to GROUP 54C − CAN Bus Diagnostics Table P.54C-13.).

OPERATION
• EV remote-ECU communicates with EV-ECU via CAN.
DTC SET CONDITION
• When the CAN data cannot be received from EV remote-ECU, the DTC U1113 will be set.
PROBABLE CAUSES
• Damaged wiring harness or connector(s)

• Malfunction of the EV remote-ECU CAN data system

• Malfunction of the EV-ECU

Sorry, I just realized that this is probably more confusing than helpful, but at least it answers your specific questions.

Hopefully someone will chime in with more specific questions or information for you. Good luck!

thank you for your comeback,

You probably also checked/replaced the HV fuse in the MCU?
Where is this fuse located?
thank you

Hello

How long was the car standing ‘idle’ before you fixed it? Could it be related to below?

https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35561#p35561

Check/charge your 12V battery and clear the faults; see if they come back afterwards.

Daniel11 said:
...Where is this fuse located?...
The special high voltage 20A fuse is located in the Motor Control Unit (the large assembly on the right side when you lift up the rear access panel) under the small cover plate.
Ref: https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35532#p35532

By all means pursue the possible 12v battery issue first. If it is charging (i.e., ~14.4vdc when in READY) then ignore my suggestion about the fuse as it feeds the high voltage to the OBC.

Désolé du retard, mais merci pour votre réponse
Je connaissais ce fusible je pensais qu'il y en avait un autre

Google Translate:
Sorry for the delay, but thank you for your reply.
I knew this fuse I thought there was another one

Daniel11 said:
hello,
I bought a faulty Ion, I repaired the charger in 220v but I have the exclamation point light on, it does not want to charge in 220v
I have a fault code P1AE6 and U1113 what is this fault and how can I remove it
thank you

What is the repair history of this car--has any control units been swapped out, such as the BMU, EV-ECU, etc.
Any repairs inside the pack, cell replacement, etc?

What was the repair done to the charger, was this the On Board Charger unit in the left rear engine compartment?

Back