New car stereo problems - wiring harness - no constant

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amar

Hi. I bought a new car stereo - Fence Audio, which has standard ISO contacts.
I also had to buy an ISO adapter to the quadlock. However - I've faced some difficulities.

The stereo illuminates for 3 seconds when i turn on the ignition, however - after those seconds it turns off again.
Eject button seems to be the only responsive button.

I've tried to diagnose it, and I think it is the original three power wires that has some kind of faults, so I bought a multimeter in order to test them.

Above are the results. None of the wires has voltage when ignition is off. The green wire did not give a voltage with the black one - but when using the metal, it gave 14.4 volts

Red gave 9.5 volts when measured with the black wire

The cigarette port gave 14.5 volts.

To be honest, I do not know what red, green and black represent.
I think red is positive ignition, green negative ignition and black is ground. However - I am very confused.

Moving on, I think that the red 9.5volt should not be so low. My plan is to maybe tap into the fuze-box (with a double fuze cable) and route it to the red. And green (if its right for it to be constant) wire it with something in the fuzebox that is constant. That being said, I do not know which one is positive and which is negative.

I have many pictures and videos that can show the problem, and I really want to make it work as soon as possible. So any help would be much appericiated!

----

Above is a better look of the adapter
---
Lastly, a better look at the harness

The harness has 1 extra black wire as illustrated - the one at the top

did you take a look at the wiring diagram link posted in the other thread? It shows wire colors and pin numbers in the stock connector. Then with a connector diagram for the new device you could match them up.

Here is the 2011 miev diagram
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/img/90/HBT14E00AC00ENG.pdf

It seems that Green would be +12V with the key switched to ACC, and either Brown or Orange wire would be +12V all the time depending upon left or right hand driver position. Red comes from a relay switched by the ETACs unit. There is no ground wire as was mentioned in the other thread--chassis is used for the return or negative terminal.

check the fuses, maybe it has blown.

Thank you for your reply. I've tried to interpret the scheme - however, I cant seem to match it with the original harness. Looks like the quadlock and the scheme are not alike. The radio fuse (10A) in the cabin is checked and replaced.

But what is your suggestion at this point of time? :)

Back