New owner 2012 i-miev

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godabitibi

Hi, I want to introduce myself as a new owner since yesterday.
I'm in Quebec Canada.
Car is a 2012 with 81000km.
Bought for $5250 can + taxes.
I contacted the local Mitsubishi dealer before buying and the extended warranty on OBC and battery is good until may 2023.

I'm a mechanic and not too bad with electrical but I have A LOT to learn.
My fist real use was a real nightmare. Bring it home from the dealer around 100 miles away in winter in not so nice weather on crowded highways.

Fast charges (CHAdeMO ) were not fast at all. Like an hour and more with anility to drive around 40 km.

@Gotabitibi, congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the forum!

Yes, you must have had an awfully stressful first drive, as you experienced a worst-case driving scenario right off the bat! Running the heater knocks 20% off your RR (Range Remaining gauge), and snow/rain further increases your rolling resistance significantly. The good news is that running your seat heater consumes very little power. In the future, if you have the Remote, you can pre-heat the car while it's plugged in at home and have it toasty warm for your winter trip.

DC fast charging - I'm surprised you even got it to work as I thought it stops working in freezing conditions. Such charging is awfully deleterious to the batteries at very low temperatures. Glad the car got you home, and not surprised it charged very slowly.

Normally, on road trips in my California non-mountain climate, I'm usually charged to 80% within 15 minutes.

Thanks !
I now have charged it slow at home and came to FULL for the first time for me.
I went for a drive like I will use it.
Temp is around 32F today.
Very slushy with heater to MAX, WIPERS AND REAR DEFROST.
Did 40 km like a champ and back home with some kilometers left in her.

I'm a happy guy.

Oh! Where are you in Quebec and do they have another one? Totally looking for a low mileage EV as a second vehicle. Located near Ottawa.

Back