For sale 2016 imiev -700 miles on the ODO

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evdude

So, how much is a used 2016 imiev with 700 miles on the ODO worth? I was told only 250 US versions were sold in 2016. This one has navi, blue tooth handsfree, and quick charging. It also has the Purple single occupant carpool decals that allow drivers in California to use the carpool lanes. The decals are good till January 1, 2023. The decals are in the glovebox. Asking price is $12,750. Currently located in Los Angeles.

See more here.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1254008365?q=i-miev

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...List=MIT&modelCodeList=MITI&clickType=listing

Probably the most desirable blue 2016 i-MiEV in the country. Hopefully it was kept in a garage all that time.

I question the seller's honesty, as suggesting that the brand-new carpool decals can be used on another EV is disingenuous.

Probably has (or needs) a new 12v battery unless it had been kept on a float charger for all these years.

Question: for five years, at what state of charge was the car's main battery kept - in the SoCal heat?

As with buying any BEV, one should try to run a capacity and cell balance test. Unfortunately, IIRC, CaniOn doesn't work with the 2016 i-MiEV.

JoeS said:
Question: for five years, at what state of charge was the car's main battery kept - in the SoCal heat?

Hopefully it was kept in a garage all that time.

As with buying any BEV, one should try to run a capacity and cell balance test. Unfortunately, IIRC, CaniOn doesn't work with the 2016 i-MiEV.
Is it just me, or does that pretty blue look a tad faded??

I for sure wouldn't even think of paying anywhere near the asking amount unless the capacity of the traction pack can be verified as being near the factory capacity. As many of us here know, storing the car nearly fully charged for extended periods of time will do great harm to the traction battery and the advertised '700 miles on the ODO' would suggest that this car should have greater range than a similar car with 30,000 miles on the ODO . . . . but, in actuality, that might not be the case

And . . . . I actually fell for just such a car before I knew better. I bought one with 3,900 miles on it which had NOT been stored properly and it has 25 miles less range than the one we bought new which currently has 40,000 miles on it, so . . . . buyer beware!

Don

Looks like the Autotrader ad on this Blue iMiev has been updated.

It has photos attached showing screen shots from the factory scantool. The results from a battery capacity measurement test shows 43.5 Ah @ 701 miles.
Battery capacity history also shows a test was done at 350 miles and the capacity at that time was at 45.8 Ah.

A photo of the gauge cluster shows range to empty at 80 miles on a full charge.

Link below

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=597587618&location=&zip=90502&listingTypes=used&makeCodeList=MIT&modelCodeList=MITI&state=CA&city=Torrance&dma=&searchRadius=25&isNewSearch=false&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D90502%26listingTypes%3Dused%26makeCodeList%3DMIT%26modelCodeList%3DMITI&clickType=listing

It'll probably bring a decent price then, but I think $12,750 is still quite a stretch. As much as I love iMiEV's (we have 3) I would be very reluctant to spend that much on a 10 year old EV which the manufacturer has discontinued and has no warranty left. It would be interesting to know what the actual selling price is going to end up being, but I doubt we'll ever know . . . . unless Joe buys it! :lol:

Don

Back