iMiEV is being refilled at gas station - literally

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnis

Well, our students "invented" something that can refill ANY CAR at the gas station, including EVs.
This is my second EV. Bill was 1.07€ for full tank. Who said it is expensive to refill at gas stations :lol:
It took around 4 seconds - well that is faster than on my BMW :shock:

20200411-190205.jpg

Pretty much. Looks very similar to Adblue "terminal".
Avoid plastic containers and juice it up directly :p

I can support this kind of filling station. Always run out of the stuff at the worst time.

Hope they use Rain-X, as that is the only washer fluid I’ve tried so far that doesn’t freeze on the windshield.

Here where I live, we have summer and winter fluids. It's mandatory to specifiy at what temperature
fluid will freeze (except summer mixes, mostly water).

We even have artic blends though that is overkill -- global warming, it never gets below -25*C any more :lol:
Brand name doesn't matter. It's all about alcohol concentration. Ethanol/Methanol.

One might have a backup bottle in the trunk to avoid sticky situations :)

I bought fluid that was supposed to be good until -40 F, yet it would freeze at 20 F. Rain-X is my current favorite. It has a hydrophobic in it that beads up rain. At highway speeds, one can drive in a pouring rain and not need wipers (I don't recommend anyone to do this for obvious reasons). It doesn't have as low of a temperature rating, but it's yet to freeze on me.

Just get Turtle wax anti-rain stuff, apply it and it works for weeks.
There is nothing wrong with not using wipers if they are not necessary.

I actually use ceramic coating and then beading agent for ultimate results.
Totally effective above 60 km/h.

So you got fake fluid. Next time ask your money back :D

I think their ratings assume a blanket of heat coming out from under the hood, which our cars don't have. The stock fluid when I first got the car was actually worse. It wouldn't even spray at 20 F.

Back