TaosEV

Re: Minimum Range Remaining

I have no clue how to post a pic here, but this morning we had 103 miles RR after an overnight charge. And our experience is that the RR is a fairly accurate number, now that the battery management system seems to have learned our driving style.

Woo-hoo!
=====
2012 iMiEV
2007 Zenn
1998 Honda EV+
1995 GM Impact prototype consumer test driver
... over 60,000 miles in electrics
Wee John

fjpod wrote:Seriously, how did you do that?
Ok, the picture is untouched, the numbers are real.

I'm just not telling the whole story, that's why I didn't add any comment to the picture.

My normal min/max RR is between 50 and 60 miles. For this photograph the RR was 51 and I utilized the A/C and heater to manipulate the numbers, so I propose a simple rule for min RR photograph, the way JoeS took his photo is probably the easiest way to standardize the min RR having the key in auxiliary so there is no ready light.

I definitely think I could be a challenger for this title, what is the prize.
JoeS
Site Moderator

Wee John wrote:I definitely think I could be a challenger for this title, what is the prize.
A kick-in-the-butt for seriously abusing our lovely little car. :lol: We have to come up with something for that ignominious award.. :twisted:

TaosEV - you're in the wrong thread: look for maximum Range Remaining. Congratulations on that RR=103. The way to post a picture is to upload it to a website which you can then reference in a link to that specific location on that website.
EVs: Two '12 Wht/Blu SE Prem., '13 TeslaMS85, three 156v CorbinSparrowsLi(NMC), 24v EcoScoot(LiFePO4)
EV Conversions: 156v '86 Ram PU, 144v '65 Saab96, 48v1kW bike
RIP(2021) ICE: Orig.Owner '67 Saab96V4, '88 IsuzuTrooper; '76 MBZ L206D RHD RV
fjpod

you know what they say...no picture??...then it didn't happen.
TaosEV

Whoops ... sorry to have posted in the minimum thread ... the pic is now up in the "maximum" thread.

Thanks to Wee John for hosting the image.
=====
2012 iMiEV
2007 Zenn
1998 Honda EV+
1995 GM Impact prototype consumer test driver
... over 60,000 miles in electrics
Wee John

Wee John wrote:I definitely think I could be a challenger for this title, what is the prize.
JoeS wrote: A kick-in-the-butt
:D :D :D :D :D
JoeS wrote: We have to come up with something for that ignominious award.. :twisted:
How about whoever wins the min RR we send the prize to the half way point of the winning max RR from their home and they have to go pick it up and return home without a charge.
fjpod

We need some photos or 0 or 1 mile RR, or turtles. I'm not advocating you deplete your battery on purpose, but stuff happens, so let's see it.
jennrod12

I have a picture of my car with no bars and 2 miles RR.

or here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42202899@N ... hotostream

The aux battery symbol is lit up because I turned off the car and then just turned it back on enough to light up the dash.

Jenn
2012 Diamond White i-MiEV ES
with green racing stripes and hubcaps (thanks to WeeJohn)
Santa Clara, CA
SteveB

Wow Jenn. So did you charge it all the way up and if so, how long did it take at what level?

I read that when the charge state gauge says there is no charge left, there is actually still ~ 8% in the batteries. The onboard OS will probably not let you use it though to protect the batteries.

Steve
jennrod12

I charged at level 2 on a timed charge set for 5.5 hours. I don't know if it was all the way full, but it had all 16 bars at the end of that time. My intention was not to charge to 100%, so that's why I only put 5.5 hours, thinking that it needs 6-7 hours for a full charge, per the manual

Jenn
2012 Diamond White i-MiEV ES
with green racing stripes and hubcaps (thanks to WeeJohn)
Santa Clara, CA

Return to “Driving the iMiev - Range - Energy Efficiency - Operating Cost”