Windshield Washer Spray Issue

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shifttrans

I have a 2012 SE with two front windshield wipers and love the car. But I'm wondering if my windshield washer spray nozzle is defective because appears the fluid exits in one single stream with no fan out at all :cry:. I realize the nozzle is relatively close to the glass but I think it wouldn't be rocket science to make the fluid fan out across the length of the wiper. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks! -John

My 2012 is the same, you are not alone! Both front and rear washer sprays flow down in a single stream, they don't fan out. It does seem inefficient, but has so far always done the trick for me.

Has anyone added a second spray nozzle to the passenger wiper arm? I would love to have that. If it's an easy enough mod, I'd do it. Barring that, is there any way to increase the spray pressure or the spray pattern of the nozzle on the main wiper? My sprayer seems to only spit a little bit of washer fluid on the driver side of the windshield. Nothing like the full-on soaking I get from the washer on my ICE. And forget about the washer fluid reaching anywhere near the passenger side of the windshield!

If you look closely to the sprayer, there are 3 holes... which I didn't notice while it was spraying.
2 on the upper and one sprays below the blade.

These are movable.. as in you can aim them .

I moved all 3 ( be careful, one didn't want to move and I didn't want to break it.)

If you just take a tiny screwdriver and push the nozzle. It moves. I think it is a ball connector .

I now have it spraying nice !

Now if I could get one for the 2nd arm I would put it back on and have better wipers ! (took off Passenger arm last w/e)

I just came in from putting water in the 12v battery (that's a chore in itself) and playing with the sprayers on the windshield wiper. I didn't realize there were multiple ports until today.(Have only had the car 2 1/2 years!!!).
In addition to the three described above,there is a fourth port located lower on the wiper blade arm where the curve of the arm straightens out. It also is a ball/socket type swivel fitting.

2012, Silver ES with QC
Leased Feb. 2013, purchased Feb 2015
18778 miles

The easy way to aim those is to stick a needle in the port and point it where you want it

Don

Don said:
The easy way to aim those is to stick a needle in the port and point it where you want it

Don

I would be careful with that. That works if they are lose, but one of mine was kinda stuck. I used Needle-nosed pliers, OPEN, just to push it as it was a little stick - and I had them in my hand ;) I DID NOT grasp the hole with the pliers... Just want to make sure no one makes that mistake.

Thanks for these updates, all. I had no idea we could adjust the spray nozzles. Will be trying that tonight!

I still have to adjust the one towards the bottom of the blade.

And the one on the back of the car ..... useless, the blade also doesn't clear the top inch section either.
I will have to see if I can find a better sprayer.

Does anyone has part number of the sprayer (single-wiper version if there's a significant difference)?

Back