Process for programming new remote for I-MIEV

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScootJockey

Hello. I was able to find a good deal on a used remote (the one used to pre-warm the car and schedule charging) but I need to pair it to my car. I was wondering if anyone had done this themselves, or knew the procedure to do so. I have heard that it is some crazy sequence of button pushes, and that the MUT is not required? Thank you for your help.

So . . . . did he use a 'crazy sequence of button pushes' or did he use the M.U.T. III??

Don

@ joe,

Some other useful information to add with this-- the Omron manual for the remote.

dj2Z3aH.png

I can’t quite remember if I figured this out on my own or read it somewhere on the net (perhaps on this site) but the internal parts for the Honda Fit EV remote are nearly identical to those of the Mitsubishi I-Miev remote. You can compare them yourself; here for the Honda: https://fccid.io/OUCGHW-H001/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-1551671 and here for the IMiev: https://fccid.io/OUCGHW-M002/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-1429062 . There are some interesting differences however: the Honda remote has only 3 buttons while the Mitsubishi one has 5, the Honda reports the battery charge as a percentage while the Mitsubishi one has the silly 3 bar system, the Honda one lacks a retractable antenna etc etc. Anyhow, I decided the other day to do a little shopping and found some of these Honda fobs for sale on ebay so I bought one to see if I could do anything fun with it. I also purchased a two pack of “broken” IMiev remotes to see if I could do anything cool with those as well. Interestingly one of the “broken” remotes works just fine and I was able to pair it to my car without issue. The other one has a broken screen but seems to be in otherwise working order. I was hoping that I would be able to figure out the correct sequence of button pushes to get the Honda remote into program mode and get it to sync to my car as well but so far have not had any luck. If anyone out there is able to find out how to get this remote into programming mode I would love to do this experiment and figure out if I could use this remote with my car. I believe the Honda Fit EVs were all leases that have been reclaimed and sent to the crushers but it would seem that their old remotes are not too hard to come by on the net and could be another source of remotes for those who lost theirs or bought their car used without one.

Also, if anyone has a broken remote with a working screen and would be interested in doing a screen swap as was described here: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1869 I think this could be a fun project – just need to find a screwdriver for those weird screws.

If anyone has the time and inclination, I'd really like to try and find out what signals are being passed onto the canbus, etc when the remote is used

The antenna module connects to another ECU down in the footwell with a 16 pin connector (B-125) and I suspect that with appropriate wizardry an OVMS could be used to do everything the remote does, in the same way that it's used on Leafs to replace the TCO and Nissan's abysmal Carwings service

Of course, in order to do this, one needs someone with a working remote controller who's willing to fiddle

The remote ECU talks on canbus and also sends out a couple of signals on other lines:

EVWO - I think that's charge control, but could be a power detect
RDEF - glass defogger

control of AC via canbus

That would be awesome stoatwblr. Unfortunately I don't have the remote option, and I dream about making my own...

muth said:
That would be awesome stoatwblr. Unfortunately I don't have the remote option, and I dream about making my own...

Even if you don't _have_ the remote, the connectors are there

I'm slowly working on this issue and will post a howto if I ever get it finished

Back