WIND!!!!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymil

So, has anybody been driving their Miev in these crazy winds? I just arrived at work and drove through 30 mph winds with 55 mph gusts. A short part of the trip I was driving 55 mph. It was..........exciting! When the very strong gusts came I really, really felt it. I took my foot off the accelerator and had to adjust my steering, but I never left my lane and never felt at risk. It was an adventure though. How is everyone else doing?

Crossing bridges over San Francisco Bay in summer afternoon winds or winter storms is quite interesting because the iMiEV is light and has a fairly large broadside cross-section area. Yes, it requires a bit more concentration to stay in the lane but I find it entirely manageable. With its extraordinarily-low center of gravity there is no danger of being blown over IMO, unlike the large trucks which seem to show up on the news on their sides on bridges fairly often.

No problem here, went through a windstorm last month with no problems. 600lbs of batteries keeps things in order. I'm also used to driving these small/tall cars and just find it something else to get used to - Toyota Echo (first gen), Nissan Versa and now the Mitsubishi i. I have to say these cars are better than a Nissan Frontier I had back in 1998 to 2001 - I used to drive that with the steering wheel heeled over.

Back