I now plug into a regular 120V outlet with the stock charger on low which is 8A.
A little while ago, while I had it plugged in on a cool morning, I used the remote to send the heat command, then went out there to see how it was doing a couple of times. From what I remember, it was hardly blowing any air at all and the air seemed maybe a little warm.
So I've since resorted to going out, unplugging, starting the car, turning the heat/defroster on full blast with the max button on also. Wait 10-15 min and get in the car and go. Which works fine.
I know 8A is not that much power, so maybe that is the problem. But I thought it might just use main battery for power, I guess not.
Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I do like using the 8A setting because it is easier on the batteries to go slow, so I'm fine with the workaround if that's what it takes...going out and turning it on.