OBC GEN 2 stopped charging

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceregarak

Hello everyone ... my OBC GEN 2 stopped charging, gave the following error P1D10 Output Current (Control Fail). Can you recommend something?

Howdy and welcome Ceregarak,

What year is your car?

Have you tried to do any troubleshooting on this such as clear the error and retry charging?

Here is what the Factory Service Manual has for P1D10:
The difference between the target output current and the actual output current is more than 1.0 A or less than -1.0 A. <P1D10>

Basically this is telling us that the output current is controlled to +/- 1 Amp, and if for some reason it exceeds that amount then this code is thrown.

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2017/54/html/M154955560003800ENG.HTM

I have a 2011 mitsubishi, but the charger is from 2016. I put it on the charger, it starts charging, but an error appears and the charger turns off. The 12 volt battery is new, and when the car is running, everything works without errors.... I read this document, but I cannot understand in which direction to move. Thank you

kiev said:
Howdy and welcome Ceregarak,

What year is your car?

Have you tried to do any troubleshooting on this such as clear the error and retry charging?

Here is what the Factory Service Manual has for P1D10:
The difference between the target output current and the actual output current is more than 1.0 A or less than -1.0 A. <P1D10>

Basically this is telling us that the output current is controlled to +/- 1 Amp, and if for some reason it exceeds that amount then this code is thrown.

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2017/54/html/M154955560003800ENG.HTM

Just to clarify, is your 2016 model onboard charger one that was replaced under warranty in the 2011 car? JoeS installed a salvaged late model OBC and got similar errors, so it never operated correctly in his 2012. There must be some programming or other magic done during the recall replacements.

jray3 said:
Just to clarify, is your 2016 model onboard charger one that was replaced under warranty in the 2011 car? JoeS installed a salvaged late model OBC and got similar errors, so it never operated correctly in his 2012. There must be some programming or other magic done during the recall replacements.

I didn't exchange it under warranty....I bought a used obc, instead of the original one, installed it and it doesn't charge....Do you think there is a need for programming?

vik013 said:
Ceregarak said:
Do you think there is a need for programming?
I have done that replace myself a couple of times. Any programming doesnt need.

I think the point jray3 is trying to make here that replacing a OBC in a 2011 model (probability built in 2010) with an OBC 2nd gen doesn’t seem to be working.

@Vic013 what was the oldest Imiev you did this upgrade on successfully?

Можна менять, ето т вариант работает , с заменой obc на 2016 год....До меня меняли obc,но перепутали полярность батареи, сгорел резистор....резистор поменял....Машина начинает зарядкуу , но спустя 5 секунд появляеться ошибка ....ездить нормально, зарядка 12 в есть

Ceregarak wrote:
You can change it, this option works, with the replacement of obc for 2016 .... They changed obc before me, but they mixed up the polarity of the battery, the resistor burned out .... the resistor changed .... The machine starts charging, but after 5 seconds an error appears .... to drive normally, there is a 12-volt charge

That 5 second window points to a fault in either the PFC or the H-bridge inverter section, or at least the control board thinks that there is a fault due to a lack of signal in the expected range. That is a very difficult one to troubleshoot, but i would suggest using a diode check to verify all the big transistors and diodes.

MickeyS70 [/quote said:
I think the point jray3 is trying to make here that replacing a OBC in a 2011 model (probability built in 2010) with an OBC 2nd gen doesn’t seem to be working.

Thanks Mickey, I'm itching to see a report of a NA-spec i-MiEV being upgraded with a collision-salvage 14/16 OBC or a 12 OBC that had been previously upgraded under the recall. I just sold my last stock 2012 OBC to a non-warranted failure case in Canada.

Ceregarak, I think you mistakenly posted a reply as a report to Jray3's post. It was posted in Ukrainian, Bing's translation is below in quotes:

Everything works, and will work... I am from Ukraine engaged in the repair of cars and electric vehicles.... In this car, the owner crossed the polarity of the VVB, and the resistor in the battery burned out, and the transistors h of the bridge, tpua drivers also burned down, after replacing them, I will tell you whether charging is underway

Отже доклад, після заміни 4 транзисторів h моста, їхньої обаязки та драйверів керування транзисторами, gen 2 вдало працює на автомобілі де стояв gen1

Mod.Edit - Google Translate:

So the report, after replacing 4 h-bridge transistors, their wiring and transistor control drivers, gen 2 works successfully on the car where gen1 stood

Back