Buying a 2012 i-MiEV - What should I look for?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techandrew

Hello,
I'm considering buying a 2012 i-MiEV from a private seller and I thought this would be a good place to do my research.

Before purchasing the car, are there any potential red flags (specific to this vehicle) I should look for?

Has anyone successfully tested an OBD adapter available on Amazon Canada (with Prime) with any of the iOS apps?

Thanks!

Hi Andrew, I'd say to test drive the car for at least overnight, running it down to 2 flashing bars and doing a complete recharge before trusting any Range Remaining estimate. Also do a test DC Fast Charge, as a tired battery may only accept 12 kW or so, making the occasional highway trip far less practical. Since the OBD2 bluetooth dongle compatibility is so hit-and miss, finding a friend who's experienced in using the apps or has a MUTIII clone would be far more reliable than trying to to it for the first time on a dealer's lot...
Good Luck!
-Jay

The 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV is an electric car, so there are a few things to keep in mind when looking at potential red flags. Here are a few things to consider:

Battery health: The i-MiEV uses a lithium-ion battery pack to power its electric motor. These batteries can degrade over time, so it's important to find out the current health of the battery before purchasing. You can ask the seller for any maintenance records or have a mechanic inspect the battery.

Range: Electric cars have a limited range, so make sure the i-MiEV's range meets your needs. The 2012 model has an EPA-rated range of 62 miles per charge, so keep that in mind when considering how far you'll need to travel.

Charging: Make sure you have a plan for charging the car. The i-MiEV can be charged using a standard 120-volt household outlet, but it will take longer than using a 240-volt charging station. Consider if you have access to a charging station or if you'll need to install one at home.

Warranty: Check if the i-MiEV is still under warranty, as that can help cover any potential issues with the car.

Regarding your second question, I'm not able to recommend any specific OBD adapter or iOS app for the i-MiEV. However, you can search for reviews and compatibility information on Amazon or other websites to find one that works with the car and app you prefer.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

That's a great listing of the red flags to look for, but what about the potential green flags to look for too? Do you have some more listing?

What color and model is your 2012 i-miev and did you get your car serviced to include the recall notices?

Thank you, i look forward to your intelligent answers.

check the blocks that have picture of bicycle

My Goodness, Kiev! What would make you think that electricscooter is an a.i. Bot? Their diction and grammar are textbook-perfect, and the recommendation to shop on https://www.amazon.com/ is a very wise move. I myself have purchased many good and useful items on https://www.amazon.com/ that make owning and operating an Electric Vehicle far more enjoyable for myself and my family. :shock:

Back