P1A22 AND P1A1C Error on Ion

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodWood25

Hello, I just bought a Ion 2012 modell, with fault.
The previous owner have added a resistor in the hybrid board, because no start.
That didnt work and I bought it from him.
Now Im trying to get it running, I can clear all fault codes and if im Lucky it starts, but dosent move when i put it in gear. If I let it "run" for a while(1/2 hour) and then restart it, everthing works i can drive and start as normal. But if I then let it rest for 10 minutes, its the same shit. Clear code and if im Lucky it works.
I have disconnected ac compressor also.
I get some codes and two of the I think is related to my problem is P1A22 and P1A1C.
Any idea what i can do ?
Thanks.

Hi, sorry to hear about your troubles

Both error codes are related to (over) voltage reporting of the traction battery, see link below…

http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev/online/Service_Manual/2013/54/html/M154921040001202ENG.HTM

Howdy and welcome to the forum to enjoying your new car,
Here is a summary of what i found in the FSM about these codes, Factory Service Manual
P1A1C: Motor drive voltage rise (EMCU)
If the smooth condenser voltage is kept at 400 V or more in the driving mode, the EMCU will set the diagnosis code No. P1A1C.

and it has a related sub-code, P0ABA, for voltage too low,
If the smooth condenser voltage is kept at 10 V or less while the READY indicator lamp is lit, the EMCU will set the diagnosis code No. P0ABA.
which has PROBABLE CAUSES
Damaged high-voltage harness wires
Malfunction of the EMCU (smooth condenser voltage sensor)
=====
P1A22: Ultra high motor drive voltage (EMCU)
When the diagnosis code No. P0A0D is set to the EMCU, the diagnosis code No. P1A22 will be set.

and it has a related sub-code, P0A0D,
If the motor (electric motor unit) drive voltage increases to approximately 420 V or more, the EMCU will set the diagnosis code No. P0A0D.
which has PROBABLE CAUSES
Malfunction of the main battery
Malfunction of the BMU
open circuit in the high-voltage circuit or connection looseness
Malfunction of the EV-ECU
Malfunction of the EMCU
=====

That's what the book says; but what i say is that these are likely related to the modification that someone did to the Hybrid Board in the MCU, called the smooth condenser voltage sensor. Some of the cars had recalls to replace the MCU which we think was due to defective Hybrid Boards.

Adding a resistor to the op amp circuit on the Hybrid changes the gain of the isolated output, which is read as the voltage of the HV capacitor. Something is failing intermittently on the Hybrid. The best solution is to replace it with an AD202 chip as discussed in the No Start P1A15 Error thread, https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44204#p44204

Back