Help! Need a new lower control arm bushing

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eBilly

Hello! I need help looking for bushings for my lower control arms. It is a 2012 SE model; I just bought it a month ago as my first car.

I was diagnosing an issue with the ABS/TCS light flashing and a grinding noise when making left turns. Upon removing the wheel, I saw the bushing on the lower control arm looking rusty and torn. (Could be totally unrelated to my issue)

I tried looking through my local auto parts stores for a replacement but can't find anything that will fit it. I looked online as well and couldn't come across any part number or shop in the USA. The only other post that I saw mentioning this part is another post on here from someone in Scotland but the thread has part numbers that don't seem to match mine.

tJVYfxw

Mod. edit: here's the link in case you don't see the above photo - https://imgur.com/a/tJVYfxw

Is there a part that is comparable that could work for me or this not even a bushing and I am confusing it for something else? :cry:

Any help is appreciated!

Howdy eBilly and welcome to the forum,

The rust in your picture is some surface rust on the control arm, and the rubber hub that surrounds the bolt in the center is the bushing.

But the rust is not your issue with the ABS light and grinding when turning. Check your brake fluid level; and jack the car and pull the front tire on the side where the grinding sound is loudest; then inspect the brakes, spin the wheel, look for something loose or touching, loose or damaged rubber bushings, etc.

In addition if you can obtain an OBDII scantool dongle and one of the phone apps then use it to check for the DTCs that show up related to the brakes and traction control.

Search and watch some general videos on how to check your suspension and steering components.

Back