I-MIEV alarm

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ds465

Hi,

New to the forum. I've done a search for this and not turned anything up, so grateful if anyone can help. Have had a UK 2011 I-miev for about 2 months. Only came with one key and I haven't sorted a spare yet. Seems the key fob may have a fault (I've changed the battery). Unfortunately prior to this the last time it was locked was with the fob so the alarm is set. Opening doors with the key sets it off. Is there anyway to reset the alarm without the fob button? I've tried turning the key to motor on position as that is in a pdf manual I found on line. Unfortunately didn't work. Also tried disconnecting the 12v battery. The alarm still sounds even with it disconnected, albeit much quieter (not sure where the power comes from) and doesn't reset anything. Everything else seems fine, still powers up and drives.

Any ideas welcome, thanks, Dave

Welcome to the forum
You are correct, according to the user manual setting the key to ON should turn off the alarm, but for some reason that does not work in your car.

I gather this wasn’t like this initially, did you change the battery in the key fob because you had trouble or did this only happen after the battery was replaced?

There is a chance that this isn’t a fob issue at all. Only one way to find out, bring your car to a locksmith and get a new remote key. Temporarily disconnect the horn fuse (check user manual) to avoid getting unwanted attention on the way.

Back