MickeyS70

Re: Pre-heat failing

If I got you right then the ‘problem’ car seems to have a lower heat output (compared to the ‘good’ one) in pre-heat and dash operated mode, which would point to a heater related issue?

Another detail you mentioned: you plugged in both cars at the same time and get different results, what happens if you switch cables between the cars?

The link below might also give a few pointers:

https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... %2FC%20Off.
TobyGadd

Re: Pre-heat failing

Hi Mickey,

Yes, that's correct. It took me a few steps of troubleshooting to determine that one car simply puts out less heat--regardless of whether it is plugged in or not. It does seem to generate less heat when plugged in compared to when the car is running, but I'm not sure that this is relevant. There doesn't seem to be an issue with the remote, blower, pump. resister, or charger.
2016 i-Miev ES, Blue
2016 i-Miev ES, White
MickeyS70

Re: New title: Weak Heater

Ok, you mentioned that the reservoir felt ‘cold’ in comparison to the other car, again that would point to the heater itself…

It’s tricky to get anywhere near it, a lift or pit would make life a lot easier to follow the trouble shooting steps you linked earlier.
TobyGadd

Re: New title: Weak Heater

MickeyS70 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:42 pm Ok, you mentioned that the reservoir felt ‘cold’ in comparison to the other car, again that would point to the heater itself…

It’s tricky to get anywhere near it, a lift or pit would make life a lot easier to follow the trouble shooting steps you linked earlier.
It does make a little warmth, but very little compared to the other car. On a cold day, it's hard to tell that it's doing anything, but on a warm day it's detectable. Agreed that the heater doesn't look easy to access. I don't have a pit or a lift, so I'm checking to see if some ramps will give me enough room to work.
2016 i-Miev ES, Blue
2016 i-Miev ES, White

Return to “General Technical Discussions”