Replace Low Beam (H11) Head Light Bulbs

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PV1 said:
The headlights on both of my cars all still work, but a decade of parking outside has taken its toll on the assemblies themselves. They have glazed over. Replacement assemblies cost about $1,000 for the pair.

There are "headlight restoration kits" available for under $10. Wipe on, wipe off. I can't personally vouch for them, but they've gotta be worth a try?

PV1 said:
I have headlight restorer, but it only lasts a few days.

Decent kits also have a clearcoat. You absolutely need this as the final step to avoid what you've run into

Well, the answer to how long my Phillips halogen replacement bulbs last is about 3 years for the passenger side. Driver’s side still going strong. I drove around with one headlight for a few months before finally getting around to doing another replacement. (Avoided driving after dark, mostly.) This time I only replaced the one side since I used a matching bulb. A little over an hour for the full job.
Another year and a half before the driver’s side went out. Just replaced it today.

Only took 1.5 hours - might have been an hour, but I dropped one of the bolts into an unreachable place and had to do a little extra disassembly/reassembly.

Back