P1B2D P1B32 No READY.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viktor

Hi everyone!

I bought an I miev about a month ago, with a hope that
I can fix it. The car is from 2011 UK model.
Now the issues:
First it had a stuck main contactor and a damaged main fuse an holder, which I have replaced both.
Then I bought an obd reader, then a few other issues pop up(quick charge relay was missing, Rear right wheel speed sensor, bad auxiliary battery) which I have fixed as well. But still no ready, since an IGBT TEMP sensor error was still in. I took the inverter out, to see everything inside was black, from the IGBT blocks.
I got lucky, when I found a used inverter for £400 from
A 2012 car. But now I have got 2 other errors complaining about the Vin number...
I have recovered the car to a local dealer, they failed to reprogram the eprom... This is were I am now.
Every help will be much appreciated.

Regards.: Viktor

Howdy Viktor, Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your adventures with getting the car running.

i don't recall anyone having a blown traction motor inverter (MCU) before so this is a interesting problem. All the previous faults are likely related to the failed IGBTs: blown main fuse, damaged main contactor(s), etc.

The missing DCQC relay is strange unless the car never had Chademo charging.

Of course there is VIN check over the CAN buss for the MCU, so the P1B2D is thrown for a mismatch
If the registered chassis number is different from the chassis number transmitted in the EMCU, the EV-ECU sets the diagnosis code No. P1B2D.

And P1B32 is a timeout error while waiting for the VIN to match. Assuming you have no other errors or CAN buss error (Uxxxx) codes.

There is a thread here about the MCU errors and repairs, and at least one person has either reprogrammed or swapped out the eeprom chip on the MCU control board located in the lower plenum of the MCU.

Here is one without success at reprogramming, https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4866&hilit=MCU+VIN+eeprom

so it may have required swapping the actual eeprom device, and may be buried in the other thread,
https://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4225

[edit] Did you happen to check your motor windings for damage, e.g. resistance and inductance, for short or open condition?

Hi Kiev!
Thanks for your reply. I don't have any other errors, just the 2 related to the Vin number.
I didn't check the motor yet, do you know what resistance should be in between the phases?
So If I manage to swap the u6 eeprom from the old unit, it will probably solve my issue?
Thanks in advance.

Swapping the U6 might get the MCU working, but i don't know if it will solve the problem--

for example what caused the original issue that destroyed the IGBTs, Main Contactor and Main Fuse? Whatever caused all that damage, has it been resolved, otherwise could it happen again when the MCU is activated? Just something to consider.

If you replace a blown fuse without knowing why it blew, then it just blows again.

So maybe it will be "fixed", but we have never heard of damage such as this, and what was the root casue.

Of course you have to try, but this is all new ground for repairs.

I agree, but just clearify the main fuse holder
And the fuse contact were demaged (not blown)
Since the main contactor were stuck close, and whoever tried the check the fuse, it must have bang when it placed back, since it was "live", by the faulty contactor.
My idea is, it was overheating because the fail to the cooling system.
What programing tool can be used to reprogram the old eeprom? Or is it not rewritable?
If I swap the 100 leg ic, will it go to ready?

That's a good observation, you are probably right here and that could cause all the damage:

My idea is, it was overheating because the fail to the cooling system.

i used an Arduino to read and write the eeprom from the BMU boards, but haven't tried it with the U6 in the MCU, although i think it would work. i'm not skilled enough to remove/replace a 100 pin ic. It that ic were damaged or bad, then replace the entire board would be easier.

Maybe I'm being thick here, but surely the Vin can be changed by software. Otherwise if an MCU was destroyed, and a newly manufacture MCU obtained. The car would have to be junked, because the new MCU was not programmable. :?:

You are right--the VIN surely can be changed using the procedure in the FSM with the software of the MUT 3 tool available to the dealer service shop.

Not many options available.

Back