Chademo charging not working

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aivar

Mostly charging at home with 1772 but have not been able to charge with Chademo side level 3 chargers in recent years. It does not connect! Charger support has no idea why either. I know these are often broken so not sure if the problem is on my charger.

How do I verify if there is problem with my charger?

Chademo charging will not happen if the Air Conditioning is not working.

Since you are having fan problems, then no air will flow to cool the pack, which is required for Chademo.

so no soup for you.

Thanks.
The AC climate fan issue is recent but the Chademo issue has been for several years now. I wonder if the charger has burned up?

Chademo charging current runs directly to the battery thru some large contactors in the pack; there is no charger for Chademo on the vehicle, just the big assed connector with the communication and power terminals.

The car communicates with the Chademo station to initiate and control the session.

kiev said:
Chademo charging current runs directly to the battery thru some large contactors in the pack; there is no charger for Chademo on the vehicle, just the big assed connector with the communication and power terminals.

The car communicates with the Chademo station to initiate and control the session.

Thanks.

Is there a way for me to troubleshoot the left side charging port. Any fuses or known procedures?

You need to read out the trouble codes to see what is the issue; read the DTCs with a OBDII scantool, or using a phone app with an OBDII dongle if one of the apps can do that.

Fix the AC or else the Chademo won't work, and your troubleshooting will not be effective (chasing the wrong issue).

Back