Rough ride. What's up with our 2014 iMiEV?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdysthe

Our 2014 iMiEV is still going strong taking kids to school and going to the grocery store. Phenomenal car and not even available here in the US anymore. The problem now is that the ride has become rough, Even the smallest pothole creates knocking noise and it feels like the car is about to fall apart (I hope that it isn't?). This is the suspension somehow but I have no idea what's wrong. All in all it feels like the roads we travel have gotten much worse over the last 6 months while they in fact have gotten better. Speed bumps are a nightmare unless we go 5 mph over them. What is most likely to be wrong here? The car has 62,000 miles on it and we are going to keep it for another year (until Mitsubishi has another full EV here in the US) so we are prepared to pay for having the rough ride fixed. What's most likely wrong?

Front shocks? That would be my guess as there’s not much to cause the suspension to get stiffer. Maybe sway bar bearings would be my next guess.

PV1 said:
Front shocks? That would be my guess as there’s not much to cause the suspension to get stiffer. Maybe sway bar bearings would be my next guess.

Thanks. Sounds like I have spend some money on this. The car is otherwise in good shape so it's worth it I guess. It could also be that Massachusetts roads are now so bad that a little car like the iMiEV can't survive. We've already popped a tire in a GrandCanyon sized pothole.

Back