Much Reduced Range & Turtle Light, no quick charge

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjlink

On my 2012 I-Miev the range is down to 46 miles on the cars meter and OVMS says 34 miles (it appears closer to 34 miles to me).

It will no-longer quick charge, it does charge completely at level-2.

The turtle light comes on going up long/semi-steep hills. Runs ok on mostly flat roads.

See OVMS screen shots below. Diagnosis? Battery has had it? Charging circuit is bad? Or Both?

Screenshot 2022-05-30 105414.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-30 105546.jpg

Hi John - nice to hear from you.

Yes, our car batteries are wearing out - how many miles do you have on your i-MiEV?

My original i-MiEV without CHAdeMO (which I sold to a friend seven years ago) at around 90K miles finally bit the dust not being able to go more than 20 miles with turtle showing during most accelerations. Even though the car was then still under warranty, Mitsu did not honor it since the car still fully charged. The owner sold it and bought a used Tesla rather than fight Mitsubishi.

I suspect that hitting your weakened cells hard with CHAdeMO results in the premature charging session cessation as one or more cells peak quickly.

Sent you a pm.

Back