Windscreen Wiper fluid/wash

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ae2meln

Does anyone know where the wash comes out to clean the windscreen?
The reason I ask is this has stopped working on my Mitsubishi i-Miev but the rear one works (so it's not a lack of liquid) and I'm thinking/hoping something is blocked somewhere.
There's a humming noise when I try to wash the windscreen so hopefully this means the motor is still working, although maybe not!

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

If you're in sub-freezing weather, sometimes the nozzles get blocked by ice. The nozzles are on the arm of the big (left side) wiper if you have a North American i-MiEV.

ae2meln said:
Does anyone know where the wash comes out to clean the windscreen?
There are four nozzles located in the driver's side (or passenger side in the UK) windshield (windscreen) wiper arm.
PV1 said:
If you're in sub-freezing weather, sometimes the nozzles get blocked by ice.
Yes, and it is not welcome on cold mornings.

misterbleepy said:
RobertC said:
There are four nozzles located in the driver's side (or passenger side in the UK) windshield (windscreen) wiper arm.
UK cars only have one windscreen wiper (and I suspect other "narrow" iMiev/CZero/iONs only have one too)
Yes. I had forgotten.

Earlier this year I had posted about the single wiper.
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2185&p=16890&hilit=single+wiper#p16890

the single wiper always reminds me of my old Citroen BX (though mine was pale metallic blue, not beige):
512px-Citroen_BX_front_20080621.jpg

That had a perforated pipe that ran along the length of the wiper, and it was usually the first thing to freeze solid when the temperature dropped.

misterbleepy said:
That had a perforated pipe that ran along the length of the wiper, and it was usually the first thing to freeze solid when the temperature dropped.

The trick is to use a higher concentration of screenwash vs water in colder weather.....

Back