Changing speedo display

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taut

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the readout from the speedo from KM to MPH, or vice versa?
Some vehicles it is in the menu, others it can be done via OBD,
Does anyone have experience here?
Thanks

tout, welcome to the forum.

Under the right-hand round display on the i-MiEV dashboard is something Mitsubishi calls a Reset Button. When the keyswitch is ON, this button selects what parameter is displayed (Odometer/Trip Odometers/Dash Lights Brightness/Service Reminders/Range Remaining/Outside Temperature).

To change the units from Imperial to Metric or vice-versa, turn the keyswitch to ON and momentarily push the Reset Button to cycle through the displays and select the Odometer. With the Odometer showing, press and hold the Reset Button for at least two seconds to change the display from Miles to Kilometers (or vice-versa). This will change the units on the odometers and speedometer.

Similarly, to change the Temperature from °F to °C (or vice-versa), with the key in ACC or ON, use the Reset Button to select Outside Temperature and then press and hold that button for at least two seconds and the display will switch units.

BTW, tout, it's always fun to know where in the world someone is located, as we occasionally find other i-MiEV owners close to us. You might consider updating your profile, the procedure described here: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3196

Thank you for your help guys.

Just to let you know I'm looking at buying an iMiev shortly, but from Japan, so won't be able to give any feedback just yet!

I am in the UK, and our regulations surrounding imports mean under 10 years old it is a more rigorous test than over 10.
The main criterion is that is has to have a foglight, and read in MPH, so knowing that it can easily be changed to read to mph is great.
There will be more questions, but for now that's great news.

Micky

JoeS said:
Does anyone know if the Japanese domestic i-MiEV was also configurable? The instructions I provided were for the North American version.
Very good question! - If the JDM model was designed never to leave Japan, maybe not

Don

I know I'm very late to the party here, but I just tested this on my Japanese iMiev and I was NOT able to change to imperial units. It appears that Japanese versions are metric only.

tout, I dunno if you ever solved the problem, but would the inspectors find something like this acceptable?

MitsiGPSHorn.jpg

Back