2012 iMiEV right mirror assembly

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milwauken

The passenger mirror on my 2012 MiEV is broken and needs to be replaced. Is the mirror assembly the same as on the 2012 Galant?

The part numbers stamped on the plastic housing are
7632A924 and 7632B212ZZ

Milwauken said:
Is the mirror assembly the same as on the 2012 Galant?
It very well might be - Mitsu is famous for using the same parts on different models. When you know for sure, please post here so it will add to the knowledge base

Don

The local Mitsu dealer said the MiEV mirror is specific to that model. No interchangeability.

Has anyone found a source for a new passenger mirror assembly (2012)?

I ordered a right hand mirror from Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse, then received this email 30 mins later:

Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse <[email protected]>

to me

Hello, we apologize, Mitsubishi has discontinued the item(s) you ordered.

The item(s) is/are not available any longer from Mitsubishi. No Mitsubishi dealer in the U.S. has the item in stock. We are not able to order the part. Unfortunately, they do not inform us when they discontinue a part until we order it. We offer our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

We have credited your payment.

Milwauken,

I didn't know there were any iMiev's in MKE. I come from there and visit once a year as well.

I too need a right hand mirror assembly as the result of an accident. Any luck? Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike -- Phoenix

I'll have a right hand mirror available in a couple weeks. One of our 3 cars was recently totaled and I plan to buy it back as soon as the insurance company is ready to write it off

Heck yeah, don't scare us like that, Don! Here's hoping that a tree fell on your egg or some other "well, shucks" sort of mishap!

Well, my wife passed away after 5 major lung cancer surgeries over the last 3 years and before she died, she indicated that she wanted her car to go to our daughter in law . . . . who lost her drivers license after an accident at age 16 and never got another one until last month at age 42. We both thought Carolyn's iMiEV would be a great 'first car' for someone finally learning to drive

So, last week my son and I got the title transferred, got a tag and when he checked adding the car to his insurance policy, it wasn't that much more to get full coverage, so that's what he did. Saturday my son took her out for her first driving lesson. They tooled around the neighborhood for 15 minutes or so at 15 or 20 mph and then she *thought* she was ready for a major street, so off they went. She was looking to turn off at a certain street and when she realized halfway through the turn it wasn't the street she wanted, she paniced and didn't know which street to stick with - The one she was turning off of or the one she was already turning into . . . . so she 'compromised' and did neither. When my son realized they were about to leave the pavement, he hollers Brake, Brake BRAKE!! and in another panic, she floored the gas instead and they centered a large oak tree at about 25 mph

The car is a total loss, but when you consider it hit an immovable object at 25 mph (Oak trees are very tough and this one was a couple feet in diameter) I think the car held up very well. My son has a substantially sprained lower back and can barely get out of bed it hurts so bad and she has a broker rib and a fractured L1 Vertebrae. She's in the hospital being fitted with a back brace she'll be wearing for the next 4 to 6 weeks. They'll both be fine, eventually . . . . can't say the same for the car though

I found a right-hand right mirror replacement for my 2012 MiEV. It's from a 2012 (?) Mirage. Same bolt holes and wiring.

Back