Quick update, all 4 tires were changed about a week ago and have driven a few times since then. The tires feel a bit more grippy.Front 145/65R15
$75 / tire Vredestein Quatrac 5. UTQG: 400AA. Tread: 10/32. Tirerack.com
* Tirerack.com shipped to local tire service shop.
* The order was delayed because my credit card company flagged it as possible fraud.Rear 175/60R15
$54 / tire Landsail LS388 All season UTQG: 500AA. Tread: 9/32. Prioritytire.com
* Prioritytire.com could only ship to house.
* Shipping was very slow, took 1-2 weeks.Installation
* Called Tetrault Tire Center
to make sure they could set the TPMS for a Mitsubishi iMiev 2012. He checked while I was on the phone and confirmed their machine handled 2012; he said the iMevs a few years newer weren't showing up in their machine.
* $100 ($25 / tire) for installing/mounting, balancing, setting TPMS, and disposing of the 4 old tires. Took less than 40 minutes. Friendly and efficient, would recommend
A friend noticed that our tires needed to be replaced. Oops, guess we forgot to check that! We still have the stock Dunlop tires. We're at 22,007 miles on our 2012 iMiev SE.
We're in the Pacific Northwest coast of California, so it's temperate, about 50-60s F year round. Rains Nov-Feb.
I searched for tires and wanted to share my information, and also see if my picks look good
I'm going by price, so I'm looking at front Vredestein
and rear Landsail
below).Front 145/65R15$75 Vredestein Quatrac 5. UTQG: 400AA. Tread: 10/32. Tirerack.com
$88 Continental EcoContact EP. UTQG: 240AA. Tread: 8/32. Tirebuyer.com
$92 Continental EcoContact EP. UTQG: 240AA. Tread: 8/32. Discount/America
$94 ContiEcoContact EP Summer. UTQG: 240AA. Tread: 10/32. Tirerack.com
$96 Continental VikingContact 7. UTQG: Ice. Tread: 10/32. Tirerack.com
$163 Dunlop Enasave. UTQG: 340AA. Tread: 8/32. Tirerack.com
* The 145/65R15 Yokohama iceGUARD iG20 tires mentioned on the forum seem to be out of stock on the internet.Rear 175/60R15
$54 Yokohama iceGUARD iG20. UTQG: Ice. Tread: 11/32. Tirerack.com$54 Landsail LS388 All season UTQG: 500AA. Tread: 9/32. Prioritytire.com
$91 Pirelli Cinturato Winter. UTQG: Ice. Tread: 11/32. Discount/America
$175 Dunlop Enasave. UTQG: 340AA. Tread: 9/32. Tirerack.com
FYI, I had better luck using 'pick tire by size' than 'pick tire by car model' when I'd search the tire websites.
Thanks in advance